We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Brussels

Wodonga, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Brussels

Hi, 4 of us are going to celebrate Christmas in Brussels. We arrive on the 24th of December and stay until the 26th when we head off to Bruges. I realise that most places will be closed over this period so can anyone please help us? We would like to book somewhere to eat, drink & celebrate on Christmas day - any suggestions? Will we need to make reservations for somewhere on the 24th? Is Christmas celebrated on the 24th or 25th?

Thanks & have a very merry & safe festive season!

Mentioned in this post
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Brussels

As per my knowledge, CHristmas is not a big deal here like it is in some places. But most stores are closed on Christmas Day. I am unsure about restruants but since there is a lot of tourism in Brussels Im sure something will be open (Maybe your hotel can help you with reservations?). There are Christmas Markets, festival lights and some other fesitivities going on around Brussels. Ive never had dinner in Brussels proper so I cant offer any advice for places to snack. Ive heard the restruant in the Grand Plaza across from Godiva is good. (the worlds best chocolate store is on the Grand Sablon). This page has a calander of events going on, they might have places to snack :) http://www.xpats.com/index.shtml and this page might give you some ideas for whats going on while you are there (where the Xmas markets are located and such) http://www.visitbelgium.com/. Brugge will have a Christmas market and Ice festival while you are there (ice skatting and carvings I think). Hope this helps :) Good luck and Merry Christmas :)