We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

Hello!

Where can i buy the ticket for hop on hop off in Brussels? Is the ticket cheaper online or does it cost the same..? Thanks in advance

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,320 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

There are U.S.-based companies that offer a reduction for online purchase in advance, see www.brusselstours.net/tours/tourDetail.cfm…

However, it is normal to buy such tickets from the bus driver and in my opinion this is preferable. Our weather is very variable and you don't want to find yourself committed to a bus trip on a dismal day. See also

http://www.brussels-city-tours.com/

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

Thanxs gaminari.. Do u know how much does it cost if i buy from the bus driver..? N where'e the 1st stop for this Brussels HOHO. Thanxs

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

Another question is, where can i get affordable priced asian food in Brussels? I'm staying in EU district but will be going to the city centre everyday. Thanxs in advance.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

for asian food try round the St Gery/St Katherine aria.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,320 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

All the HoHos start from Gare centrale. I don't know what it costs at the moment but it will surely say in the website I gave you (probably up to €30). Incidentally while I have never tried any of them, the blue buses are supposed to be the best, at any rate they are the originals and have the Brussels tourist office logo (but they have now taken over the reds so in effect it's the same company); the green ones are supposed to be the worst, but in point of fact none of them seem to score very highly, I have heard criticisms that they don't update their recorded commentary, although of course they may have done now. If you don't need the commentary, you can do just as well on your own with a day ticket on public transport.

Rue Ste. Catherine is a small "Asia town", it is reached by going to Bourse (stock exchange), then taking the street to the right of McDonalds. Once across the traffic lights you are in rue Ste. Catherine. However, there are plenty of restaurants in the various EU districts: there are at least 3 separate neighbourhoods that could claim this title and each of them has at least an Indian restaurant and often also Vietnamese.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

What do u mean by a day ticket on public transport? That sounds like another good alternative. Gaminari, any suggestions what are the routes to take on the day ticket? And, the day ticket refers to underground tickets, is it? Sorry for all the questions.. Never been to brussels, so seems a bit lost. TQ.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,320 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

You can get a 1-day or a 3-day ticket on all Brussels city transport (company is called STIB), for details see http://www.stib.be/tickets.html?l=en.

The 1-day ticket costs €4.50 or €4.20 depending on which option you choose (basically paper, or reloadable plastic chipcard) which is worth it as soon as you would be taking more than 3 trips in one day, by metro, bus or tram within the city of Brussels (so does not include the airport bus, for instance, which costs €3 on its own although this does include transfer to any other STIB transport).

If you told me where you would be staying and where you want to go, I could work out a route for you. Otherwise, I will just point out that if you are staying near the Grand' Place, you can visit that area on foot (no buses can go into GP anyway), and either walk or take the 95 bus from the Falstaff side of the Bourse, to the Sablon and/or the museums around Place Royale. From there (bus stop almost outside Pain Quotidien in the Sablon - next to the big church, Notre Dame au Sablon, or the next stop is opposite the Musée d'Art Ancien - Fine Arts Museum), the 27 bus, which starts at Gare du Midi and passes Porte de Hal, the Marolles, Sablon and Place Royale, then goes past the Royal Palace (and Parc de Bruxelles), the European Parliament (Gare/Place de Luxembourg), the Cinquantenaire Parc and museums, and stops at Mérode (from where you can take the metro back to e.g. Gare centrale); and Montgomery, from where you can continue (going down to the metro station as they start underground) by tram 44 to Tervuren, for the Africa Museum, or tram 23, to the oriental arts complex - Chinese Pavilion, Japanese Tower, oriental art museum - and/or this continues to Heysel for the Atomium, Mini-Europe etc.; from Heysel you can also return to the centre by metro.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

Wow..Gaminari..that was very detail... Thank u very2 much. It seems that i might be able to visit all these places without taking the HOHO bus.Like u said, the weather is very unpredictable..so why bother buy HOHO tickets in advance..I am very interested in visiting Mini Europe near Atomium. And, i think it's much more economical to buy the daytrip tickets rather than buying the 10 strips tickets. don't u think so? Anyway, i'm staying at Euroflat, near EU. Do u think the route u gave me earlier is possible from my hotel. I think it's possible.. What do u think? Thanxs in advance

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

Oh...one more thing, if i wanna go to the Asian town, do i have to stop at St. Catherine stop?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,320 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brussels City Hop On Hop Off Tour

Read what I wrote, or look at a map: the closest metro stop to rue Ste. Catherine is not St. Catherine but BOURSE. You can of course reach it from St. Catherine - which is named for the church and square, not the street - if you know when and where to turn left and right, but you would arrive at the non-Asian end.