We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About City Hall

China
6 posts
Save Topic
About City Hall

Where is Brussels City Hall? How to get there from ALMA?

What is the relationship and difference between City Hall and Manicipality?

Many thanks!

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: About City Hall

City Hall is the main building on the Grand place, the one with the tower.

The only ALMA I know of is the one in Leuven, it's a chain of low budget restaurants for students. There is however a radioalma in Brussels.

China
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: About City Hall

I get the information that I should register at Hötel communal

avenue Paul Hymans 2, 1200 Bruxelles. If I am at the ALMA metro station, how could I get the above-mentioned place?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: About City Hall

1200 Brussels is actually a town called Sint Lambrechts Woluwe or Woluwe Saint Lambert in French and can not be reached by Metro as far as I know.

It is a suburb of Brussels.

Maybe those who actually live here can tell you more.

City Hall is downtown in the Grand Place, this place is a pretty distance from there though.

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: About City Hall

Time for some basic facts that should help you. There are two Brussels, there's the Capital Region of Brussels (CRB) and there's the city of Brussels. The CRB consist of 19 communes/municipalities of which the city of Brussels is one.

Postal code 1200 is St. Lambrechts Woluwe which is also one of the 19. Every ones of the 19 have a city hall or an hotel communal. St lambrechts woluwe's is indeed at P. Hymansavenue 2.

A foreigner living in a Belgian commune for a while has to register at the hotel Communal.

From Alma metrostation take the 1b- line direction Erasmus, get of at Roodebeek station which is in the P. Hymanavenue.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: About City Hall

yes pretty easy to get to the relevant commune house.If you are registering and getting an id card make sure you take some passport type pictures of yourself.

Aslo check that you atre trying to register in the right commune. I would buy a de rouck guide book and look in there for your street to identify the commune (gemeentehuis) in flemish

Yuo have to register in a fairly short period of time i think twenty days if you intend to stay in belgium.

Woluwe st lamberts is not the centre of town but not relly the suburbs either it is pretty central and easy to get to.

most communes have an etrangers section but try to speak some french or flemish when you get there it will make things easier

China
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: About City Hall

Thank you all, warm-hearted Belgian guys. I really appreciate your information and help.

brussels
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: About City Hall

A new internet site full of information is [url=http://www.bruxelles-brussels.net/]Brussels Tourism[/url]