We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
5 posts
Save Topic
How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

I am travelling via Düsseldorf to Brussels and from there to Paris during the end of November (Nov 25 to 30). I am very eager to experience snowing or at least see it. Can anyone tell me whether there is a chance to fulfil my wish in this trip.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

It isnt very likely in brussels i am afraid.

I havent seen much snow here for an y significant period ij the last few years

Dubai
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

Thanx buddy for the quick response.

But is it possible if I travel a short distance from there to see snow?

I will be travelling from Brussels to Paris before boarding my flight to Dubai.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

You can check the conditions in Winterberg (Germany), however that is a few hours east of Dusseldorf. And if you are really lucky, there is snow in the Ardennes (mountains between Dusseldorf and Brussels), but the chance is very small.

The best bet is going straight from Dusseldorf to the Alpes (Switzerland, France), there you will find definitely snow. It is about 9 hours travel, and from there about 5 hours to paris.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

It is not snowing anywhere in Belgium, in any of the German resorts on here http://www.neigeski.com/ or any of the resorts in the Vosges or the Jura which are the nearest ones in France. Either you will have to fly to somewhere much more Northerly or at much higher altitude, or make do with an artificial skiing centre!

Dubai
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

hahahaaa,

Artificial skiing centres are available in Dubai and trust me.. I've never bothered to go to one so far.

any how, thank you all for informing me this... how sad for mee...

I will be in Brussels on an official trip for 3 days and thought of spending 2 more days in Europe.

If no luck of snow.... then I may visit Paris or Amsterdam or Switzerland. I want to make it by the Euro train.

Thanks again. (if any of you think that I can make better use of my first three nights (during day I will be busy with meetings) and the last 2 whole days, pls let me know)

Cheers!!!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

There is no such thing as a Euro train! If by any chance you mean Eurostar, that train connects London with Paris and Brussels; between Brussels and Paris the only possibility is the similarly high-speed Thalys (1h22), while between Brussels and Amsterdam you have a choice of high-speed (from 13/12) Thalys or "normal" InterCity train, run by Belgian or Dutch Railways.

But as Paris and Amsterdam have much the same weather as Brussels, if you want to see snow you would do better to head for Switzerland, and once there, up a mountain. And while you can go by train, and would normally have to do so after arriving in Basel, Geneva or Zurich, it would be much quicker - and no more expensive - to fly to one of those than to go all the way by train.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

check ryanair for flights to billund ?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

This shows where it is freezing, but not where there is precipitation, and you need both in order to have snow: but perhaps if you hunt around a bit... www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Voss/region_map (I was looking at Voss in Norway but map covers W. Europe).

Dubai
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

Thank you friends, for the valuable infos.

I will be reaching Düsseldorf on 25th evening and from there to Brussels the same day. Got official meetings on 26th and 27th. Travel back from Paris on 29th evening. So, I've got 2 whole days to enjoy the beautiful Europe (I know, that's not at all enough). I'm trying to make the maximum use of these two valuable days.

Once again, thanks a bunch for your time...

Kiran

Dubai
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How can I see snow in November in Brussels?

Thank you friends for all your info and time.

I returned after my 5 days trip in Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris. Though I couldn't see any snow, I could experience hailstorm. The trip was very pleasant, except for a attempted fraud in Paris.

Thanks again.

Kiran