We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

small town - big relax - Loeuven

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
barcelona
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
small town - big relax - Loeuven

Dear travelers i highly recomend belgium as a destination, the city of Leuven was not in our plans, we actualy got lost to find it! it was full of young people do to a university .. and after a short strol we made it to the most charming central pedestrian plaza with hundreds of people sitting around in a realy chiled atmosphiere .. we needed a bit of relax and found loads of it, good drink, good food, lovely place and very friendly people! try it out

<a href="http://www.leuven.com/index_en.html/"> and say hello!

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: small town - big relax - Loeuven

leuven is close to Bxl and quite flemish in character. as the OP menions very old and presigious university town good beer and good food a fun place

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: small town - big relax - Loeuven

I have spent 4 weekends in Leuven mainly at the Ibis hotel just one street off the town centre. IMO it is a great town to spend a weekend in. Plenty of shops to look in and bars to sit outside and people watch. We once spent all afternoon sat out side a bar in the main square watching the police stopping cyclists and fine them for riding bikes in the square.

ian480.

Edited: 02 February 2010, 21:23
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,674 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: small town - big relax - Loeuven

Leuven was recommended to me by a Belgian friend. I remember the main square had quite a few bars.....then I remember nothing.

Home of Stella Artois, but great place nevertheless!

4. Re: small town - big relax - Loeuven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 07:18