We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub/Bar Shortlist - Please Help!

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pub/Bar Shortlist - Please Help!

Hi, we are five 20-25 year old males that are popping to Brussels for 1 night, we are celebrating so want to find some good bars straight away.

We are staying here:

hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…

I have found the following, which look OK for what we want, but can someone confirm that the following are good bars for a good drink with a good atmosphere.

Thanks in advance

Mike

La Mort Subite

O'Reilly's Irish Pub

Delirium Cafe

Le Cercueil

Zebra Bar sprl

Kafka, Brussels, Belgium

Archiduc sprl

Café Greenwich Brussel

Belga Queen Brussels

Churchill's

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,938 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub/Bar Shortlist - Please Help!

Belga Queen is the odd one out: it isn't a bar, but a restaurant, and an expensive one at that.. in my opinion not at all what you want given the other places mentioned.

You don't mention La Bécasse or A L'Imaige de Nostre Daime (beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/4996/…) both of which are not far from Delirium.

I thought Le Cercueil had closed but it seems it opened up again, this is definitely up-to-date as it shows the Ultieme Hallucinatie as closed and that was recent. It's in French but you can see which are the 10 most popular bars according to whoever provided the ratings: http://www.ebru.be/Cafes/CafePage.html

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub/Bar Shortlist - Please Help!

Gaminari, the bar at trhe front of belgaqueen is quite good if a litle expensive it was the only place in have had unfiltered palm other then the brewery.

Another place i would add probably becasue iwent with my daughter on sunday is Cafe Belga in place flagey.

It was a lot of fun in a relaxed kind of way on sunday and it has some decent draught beers and many bottles

Hull
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub/Bar Shortlist - Please Help!

Thanks guys, will check them all out if I can!! :)

Cheers

Mike

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub/Bar Shortlist - Please Help!

I'd give the Greenwich a miss. It's a chess bar. Great beer, historic etc, but not where you want to hang out for a celebration, unless you like chess and beards. The others seem fine, plenty of variety. I'd also add the bars around Place st Gery, just around the corner from the Greenwich, Mappa Mundo and Roi des Belges etc.

http://www.st-gery.be/

Edited: 29 March 2010, 20:07
5. Re: Pub/Bar Shortlist - Please Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 05:17