We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summary of neighborhoods to live

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Summary of neighborhoods to live

Hello, I would like to know good neighborhoods in brussels, I am planing to move from Colombia.

The idea is that the neighborhood must be safe, near public transport and not very expensive, I dont know how much I will be paid but a furnished apt for 700EU -800 would be good

Thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summary of neighborhoods to live

I don't know how big a furnished apartment you want for that but in my area of Etterbeek, a 1-bedroom, UNfurnished one (cheaper than furnished) costs +/- €1000/month! The most expensive communes are Uccle and the Woluwes, so look somewhere like Laeken on the less-expensive side of the canal, which is very well-served by trams and metro. You might want to avoid the poorest communes, which are Molenbeek and St. Josse.

xpats.com/practical-a-to-z/best-brussels-add…

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summary of neighborhoods to live

Well for starting on a new site I wouldnt care to have a big house, My current house in colombia has 62m2 and 2 bedrooms

But in another country I know this is more expensive and less space

I guess that 40m2 and 1 bedroom will be fine for us for starting on a new country

However I found this site and it has too many search criterias! I was able to find good places to live for 800 or less and furnished!

http://www.immoweb.be/en/

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Summary of neighborhoods to live

You could find a 1 bed in Ixelles for thazt kind of money, maybe with a small garden. I guess it depends where you work etc. In Brussels it's mostly unfurnished for rent.

Edited: 30 May 2010, 10:59
a
Level Contributor
25 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summary of neighborhoods to live

average rental price is about 10euros a square metre so for 65m2 you should find something for around 700. furnished apartments are not the norm here so you should considered getting an unfurnished one and buying IKEA furniture for example.

avoid the bad areas if possible. even some of the better areas like ixelles have lots of petty crime...

immoweb and vlan are the only two addresses you need to find an apartment. hardly worth going to agencies they are not very good.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summary of neighborhoods to live

i agree with the previous posts but for gaminari i have a five bed house

with a small garden and no garage in etterbeek for 1290 euros pcm i must have done a good deal

6. Re: Summary of neighborhoods to live

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 05:16