We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schengen Transit Visa for UK stud visa holders?

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Schengen Transit Visa for UK stud visa holders?

Hi.

I am an Indian citizen who will be flying to Birmingham, UK from Mumbai via Brussels. I have booked a Jet Airways flight and will be transiting at Brussels onto a Brussels Airlines code-share flight.

I HOLD A UK STUDENT VISA.

Do I require a Schengen transit visa because I change my flight over at Brussels?

Please respond soon....

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Schengen Transit Visa for UK stud visa holders?

Contact a Belgian Consulate in India for the correct reply to your question

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schengen Transit Visa for UK stud visa holders?

No, not if you are not leaving the airport, according to …belgium.be/en/…

But of course it is always best to check such issues with the local Embassy of the country concerned, because the airline simply won't let you board if you don't have a visa when their computer tells them this is necessary. And whether it is or isn't depends EXCLUSIVELY on your citizenship (plus, sometimes, what type of passport you have, i.e. biometric or not), not on any other visa you may hold to enter a non-Schengen country! I think you may be confusing this with the situation of someone who is RESIDENT in an EU/EEA country - which you are not until you have actually arrived there.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schengen Transit Visa for UK stud visa holders?

Thank you.

@qaminari : The link you provided has been extremely useful. I have contacted the Belgium Consulate General in Mumbai. Will double check.

Edited: 31 August 2010, 13:43
London, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Schengen Transit Visa for UK stud visa holders?

U dont need a transit Schengen visa if u are just connecting on a flight from Brussels within the airport terminal. But if u intend to go out of the airport into the city for a few hours then u may need one.

5. Re: Schengen Transit Visa for UK stud visa holders?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 05:21