We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Brussels.

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Brussels.

Which hotel would you select around Grand Place?

Alma Grand Place or Floris Arlequin Grand Place?

What's the name of the stop of the metro in Grand Place.I want to be able to get to the train stations (central station and midi) as soon as possible.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,856 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Brussels.

Gare centrale is both a railway station and a metro station, the two are connected by a rather long internal corridor. It is also the closest "proper" metro station to the Grand' Place.

Otherwise, the closest is Bourse, beyond the other side of the square and maybe 15 minutes walk from Gare centrale. Bourse is on the metro (underground tram) line that connects Gare du Nord and Gare du Midi.

I don't know on the basis of what criteria you would select a hotel, so can only suggest you look at TA members' ratings and reviews under "Brussels hotels" in the list on the left of this page. You might also want to consider the Aris which is slightly more conveniently located than the other 2 for access to/from the station; or if you want to be in the Ilôt Sacré as with the other two, the Hôtel aux Arcades is at least at the Galeries St. Hubert end of rue des Bouchers.

Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Brussels.

What about Alma Grand Place and Floris Arlequin Grand Place?

Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Brussels.

I certainly want to be as close as possible to the central station,since I'm planning to do about 6-7 day trips by train.I don't want to walk 15 minutes to get to the station,of course.

UK
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Brussels.

I've stayed at the Floris Arlequin on many occasions, It is well positioned and if you're fortunate to stay in one of their larger rooms on the top floor then it's acceptable. The efficiency of their staff remain the weakest point. Easily walkable to the station.

5. Re: Hotel in Brussels.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2012, 06:23