We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

I have tried on sherpa.be website to get tickets but it would not accept my credit cards. I have also tried to call them at (011)(32)459 784 453 from the states but am unable to get connected. Can anyone suggest how to get these tickets for September 2011, or if there is another number I should be calling? Thanks

Iowa
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

Sorry, I wrote down the wrong number. The one I have been trying is 011 32 70 25 2020. I will try calling again in the morning and hope I get through. Is there a problem using american credit cards that anyone knows of.?

Long Beach, NY
Level Contributor
849 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

Have you called your credit card company? Maybe your card is being blocked?

Can you wait until you arrive in Brussels to buy tickets? Do think this event will be sold out?

Iowa
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

The credit card was company was notified prior to the charge being attempted. The tickets here sell out months in advance that's why I wanted to buy them online if possible. Guess I'll wait until I get there and take my chances. Thanks for your reply.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,639 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

Sherpa seems to be the only agent, and the phone number for telesales is indeed given as +32 70 25 20 20 (the number you first quoted is - without the international and country codes - their VAT number!). I managed to find this online contact form: www.sherpa.be/Static/Contact.aspx…

However, I wouldn't think it necessary to worry about tickets selling out: the exhibition is of replicas, not the real thing!

I presume you noted that the only credit cards they accept are Visa and Mastercard. It seems SOME non-European credit cards lack a security feature that European cards have - but not always, some people seem to have no problem. It is also possible to pay Sherpa by bank transfer -"virement bancaire" - but I'm not sure whether that option is available outside Europe.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,639 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

P.S. If you do leave it till you arrive in Brussels, you don't have to trek out to Heysel to buy tickets for this exhibition, you can also get them in the city centre at Media Markt, Rue Neuve 111-123 - it's on the top floor of the department store Galeria Inno - see mediamarkt.be/fr/…informations . You can only buy them on the spot, they don't do telesales.

I also checked FNAC (which is on the top floor of City 2, a shopping centre that is also connected to Inno on the floor below Media Markt), but they are not selling tickets to this particular exhibition. In case you are interested in others that they do offer, see be.fnacspectacles.com/descente.do…

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

you can just go and pay at the door last time i went.

But be aware all this stuff is not original and mostly copies,good copies, but copies nontheless. i am not sure i would fly three thousand miles to see plaster casts of stuff from egypt.

Iowa
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

Thanks for the heads up. We are spending two weeks in Paris and 3 days in Brussels so I am not making the trip just for the exhibit. I'll see about getting tickets in the states where the "authentic" items will be on display in St Paul and Houston. Again thanks for your reponses, I appreciate them.

Long Beach, NY
Level Contributor
849 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

nkbc – if you’re spending two weeks in Paris, the Louvre has an excellent collection of Egyptian artifacts. Have a wonderful trip.

louvre.fr/llv/…

9. Re: Tickets for King Tutankhamun exhibit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 12:15