We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

We are taking a sort of whirlwind tour of Brussels, Cologne and Amsterdam. Since we only are only going to have two nights in Brussels should we try to squeeze in a daytrip to Bruges while we are there before we move on to Cologne?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,413 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

I guess it depends on what time you are arriving and departing on the 1st and 3rd day, and whether that gives you enough time for whatever you want to do in Brussels (and Brugge). There are no "shoulds", only what you personally want to do. It takes an hour on InterCity (IC) trains from Gare du Nord, Gare centrale or Gare du Midi in that order, roughly every 30 minutes.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

We arrive in Brussels at 7:45 AM and then depart by train from Brussels at 9:28 am going to Cologne. The plan right now is to quick tour around Brussels the first day and take a trip to Brugges the second day then head on to Germany the morning of the third day. We are totally open to advice and very willing to alter plans if something sounds better.

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

brussels is barely worth a day out of two. go to bruges for a day trip on the train as recommended

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

Wow really, barely worth a day? Well I guess we are going to Bruges. Since we arrive in Brussels on Saturday morning we will do our thing in Brussels that afternoon and evening. On Sunday we have a full day to make the trip to Bruges and back to Brussels. Any advice on what to do in Bruges on a Sunday? Thanks for all the help.

R

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

Brussels is my least favorite large city I've visited in Europe. I'm with Brusselsboy - 4 hours in Brussels was enough for me, so I would suggest 2 nights in Bruges with a daytrip to Brussels.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

Oh BavariaJG and Brusselsboy if only I had asked this information earlier, we are already booked at the Conrad and since we booked on points and arrive on the 23rd it looks like we will be sticking to the two nights in Brussels one day in Bruges plan. After this we head to Cologne for a night then on to Amsterdam for 5 nights before heading back home.

7. Re: Only have two nights in Brussels thinking of Bruges Daytrip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 09:20