We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest place to rent a car

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
127 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest place to rent a car

We will be flying into Brussells and renting a car to drive to Malmedy, keeping the car for a week and then returning it to Brussells and taking the train/bus to Bruges. Would it be more convenient/easier to rent the car at the airport or the train station? We will have our luggage, although we do travel lightly, and also we do have a little experience driving in Europe. I am sure there are some inconveniences either way, but wondered if there is any significant difference between renting the car at the airport versus the train station. Thanks for your help. Tricia

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,161 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest place to rent a car

If it were me I 'd rent at the airport. Means you are already on the ring road otherwise you will have to take the train into town and drive out then drive back in again to drop it off.

Drop it back off at the airport and take a train/taxi back into town.

USA
Level Contributor
127 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest place to rent a car

Thank you, that sounds good.

3. Re: Easiest place to rent a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 09:17