We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tips on hotel and

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sicilia
Level Contributor
26 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
tips on hotel and

Hi I will spend 2 nights in Brussels in a couple of week travelling with my girlfriend.

We will arrive after 9 pm and we would like to take a train to Gent early on the day after and then come back to Brussels in the evening. The idea is to find a place close enough to the station and close enough to places to eat and have the great Belgian beer. We were thinking about staying at NH Stephanie because it is close enough to the Gare de Midi and seems to have restaurants around but as I don't know the city I am seeking for an advice. Is a good area for my purposes? Thanks in advance

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tips on hotel and

i wouldnt stay round gare du midi but brussels is a small place and a couple of metro or tram stops away would eb round the grand place or gare central depending on budget the ibis grand place or the amigo would be ok as would the novotel and many others in that are it is very central and has most of the decent restaurants.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tips on hotel and

NH Stéphanie isn't near Gare du Midi, although it is easily accessible from there by metro to Louise. It's an upmarket shopping area, there are restaurants in rue J. Stas and rue Jourdan, but nowhere particularly good for sampling the local beer - in fact the only pub I can think of is Irish (MacSweeney's in rue J. Stas).

As brusselsboy says, it would be better to stay near Gare centrale, e.g. NH Arenberg (or Ibis "Off Grand' Place", Novotel ditto, Brussels Sandton Central, or Hotel Centrale...) where you will find a number of beer places like A la Mort Subite. However, I would not recommend eating in rue des Bouchers, petite rue des Bouchers, rue Grétry etc., except at a few classic places (like Chez Léon); the restaurants in the Galeries St. Hubert are fine, as are a couple in rue Dominicain.

3. Re: tips on hotel and

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:16