We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best things to do on a weekend with mother

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Best things to do on a weekend with mother

Hi,

My husband and I are bringing my mother to Brussels for the weekend in September as birthday treat. We'll be staying very central and close to the Grand Place. Could I ask what would you suggest are the best things to do daytime/evening time for 2 days. We want to ensuer we get the best from the city.

Many thanks

Lily

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best things to do on a weekend with mother

< Could I ask what would you suggest are the best things to do daytime/evening time for 2 days >

Much depends on your interests ... and the weather, of course.

Perhaps you can get a few initial ideas here visitbrussels.be/bitc/…visiteur.do

Canton of Geneva...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best things to do on a weekend with mother

There are lots of specidal events happening on weekends in Brussels so you might want to check the calendar on these sites to see what's on:

http://www.brusselslife.be/en

visitbrussels.be/bitc/…visiteur.do

One of my favorite things to do with out of town guests is walk around the Sablon and Marolles areas. My mothere loves these areas as they have loads of antique shops and cafes. Here are a few ideas to get you started - bestofbrusselsblog.com/2011/…

And one of my favorite shops in the area - bestofbrusselsblog.com/2012/02/23/stefantiek/

Hope you have a good visit!

Dublin
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best things to do on a weekend with mother

Thanks so much for all the help!

Level Contributor
569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best things to do on a weekend with mother

We loved the Musical Instrument Museum

5. Re: Best things to do on a weekend with mother

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 20:17