We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Eurostar to European Parliment building

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Walk from Eurostar to European Parliment building

I am visiting Brussels for one day and I am toying with travellIng by Eurostar. How far / how long would it take to walk from the station to the European Parliment building from the station?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk from Eurostar to European Parliment building

Would not recommend the 40 min walk from the Station where the Eurostar arrives, South station to the EP area. Take a train to Brussels Central and from there is is a short 4 stop metro ride to Schuman station.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk from Eurostar to European Parliment building

Thank you, very helpful. I

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk from Eurostar to European Parliment building

There is no need to walk, which I think would take me about an hour, certainly longer than you would want if here for a day trip. For €2 for an individual ticket you can take:

a) metro line 2/6, direction Simonis-Elisabeth, 5 stops to Trône and walk for 10 minutes or so down rue du Luxembourg, or

b) 27 bus (follow signs to "rue couverte" and starting point is just on the left as you exit under the railway bridge) to Place du Luxembourg, 2 bus stops on from Trône, stops outside the Parlamentarium.

It might even be possible to use your Eurostar ticket on a train (e.g. those going to Namur, Luxembourg) from Gare du Midi to Gare du Luxembourg which is right next to the European Parliament. I say "might" because Eurostar tickets should be valid to any station in Brussels (and at least, Central and Nord); but looking for confirmation of this on Belgian Railways website, they now seem to be saying that non-ABS Eurostar tickets are valid only to Gare du Midi: http://www.b-europe.com/Travel/Practical/FAQ

I would not advise going to Schuman, which is where you will find the European Commission and the Council of the European Union, but NOT the Parliament...!

Edited: 14 September 2012, 23:20
4. Re: Walk from Eurostar to European Parliment building

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 10:16