We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels - pubs/ restaurants advice???

2 posts
Save Topic
Brussels - pubs/ restaurants advice???

Staying in Brussels next week - any tips on good pubs/ restaurants???? Staying in chaw chao palace

Hautrage, Belgium
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels - pubs/ restaurants advice???

Hi there!

I can recommend you this website:

It lists a lot of Brussels pubs, restaurants and hotels. Sometimes, the reviews are also in English.

http://www.resto.be is also a great source!

Your hotel is close to the Gare du Nord, Place Rogier and shopping on rue Neuve but there's really nothing there at night. Lots of office and the skycrappers from the Espace Nord that the Bruxellois have decided to call "Mannhattan". I warn you, the area will look a bit seedy at night but you should be fine.

You'll have to walk south to the Grand'Place (20 minutes) or take the underground tram from Rogier to Bourse to reach it.

On the opposite side of the boulevard where the Bourse (Stock Exchange) lies, you'll find the Quartier St-Gery. It's he trendy area now.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels - pubs/ restaurants advice???

I liked Le Pain Quotidien (Rue des Sablones 11 Tel: 011-32-2-513-51-54). Tasty tasty sandwhiches. Avoid that one street with a billion resturants on it. I find it kinda scarey. :)

Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels - pubs/ restaurants advice???

Irishgal - go to Fin de Siecle which is great fun restaurant. 9 rue des Chartreux.