We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kasteel van Beerset & Kasteel van Gaasbeek

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
454 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kasteel van Beerset & Kasteel van Gaasbeek

During our summer trip to Brussels, we wanted to visit Kasteel van Beersel, Lotsestraat, Beersel and Kasteel van Gaasbeek, Kasteelstraat 40 in ine day trip. Both are s/w of Brussels but I can’t figure out if there is a convenient way to visit both by public transportation. Any help much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Kasteel van Beersel
Kasteel van Beersel
54 Reviews
Flemish Brabant Province, Belgium
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,036 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kasteel van Beerset & Kasteel van Gaasbeek

You can visit both by public transport from Brussels, but to get from one to the other, you would almost certainly have to come back into Brussels. Beersel is indeed SW of Brussels, between Drogenbos and Huizingen/Halle, but Beersel is virtually due West of Anderlecht, a long way on the other side of the canal from the village of Sint Pieters Leeuw (SPL) - which would be the only point apart from Bruxelles-Midi at which it is theoretically possible to change buses between the two.

In practice, however, this doesn't seem to me to be feasible as the buses concerned are essentially school buses, running Mon-Fri: De Lijn bus 573 runs between Gaasbeek and SPL 3 times a day (…delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Kalender2011/Bra…) while bus 575 connects SPL with Drogenbos, but only twice a day (…delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Kalender2011/Bra…) - plus its closest stop to Beersel would appear to be Lot station.

For transport from Brussels see:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188644-i205-k5678…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188634-i204-k1676…

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Anderlecht
Anderlecht
24 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
Lot
Lot
Occitanie, France
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,036 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kasteel van Beerset & Kasteel van Gaasbeek

Should of course read GAASBEEK is virtually due west of Anderlecht!

Mentioned in this post
Anderlecht
Anderlecht
24 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
3. Re: Kasteel van Beerset & Kasteel van Gaasbeek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 05:16