We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Place BEST picture!!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
140 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Place BEST picture!!

Please let me know from where you will be able to take the best picture of GRAND PLACE???

By "best" I mean covering the most of Grand Place.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Place BEST picture!!

It depends on what direction you want to be facing, as you will always be excluding 1 of the 4 sides, but the best places where you can get a view down on the Grand' Place are cafés where you will be expected to pay for a drink. These are the Roy d'Espagne and La Brouette on the West side - to the right of the town hall when you are in front of it - and the Chaloupe d'Or on the Northern Side, which I think would be my choice. There is also La Rose Blanche on the Southern side (same side as the town hall), but the upstairs room is a restaurant so you would have to be eating there.

Otherwise, you can gain a certain elevation for free from the steps leading to the Hotel St. Michel on the Eastern Side (the side of the Maison des Ducs de Brabant, behind the Christmas tree in this photo: bonjourbruxelles.com/quotidien/… ), or you could visit the Brussels City Museum (€4, see http://www.brussels.be/artdet.cfm/4202), in the Maison du Roy, opposite the town hall. As far as I know, the balcony of the town hall itself is only accessible (for a price) when the flower carpet is on; and anyway you will probably want to include the town hall in your photos.

2. Re: Grand Place BEST picture!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 05:19