We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days stopover in Belgium - Visa requirements

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York...
1 post
Save Topic
3 days stopover in Belgium - Visa requirements

Hi,

I am flying back to New Delhi from New York via Belgium. I am thinking it's a great opportunity to visit Brussels on the way as I can take a few days off during this travel. I have few questions -

1. Can I (being an Indian national) apply for a Visa in NY Belgian consulate? What visa should I apply for a 3 day stopover - transit or tourist?

2. How much time does it take to process Belgian tourist visa?

2. I would need to reschedule my flight, which right now are in 2-3 hours gap, Do airlines agree to rescheduling connecting flights separately and making flights in a three day gap?

Any quick help is appreciated!

- Thanks

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days stopover in Belgium - Visa requirements

<Can I (being an Indian national) apply for a Visa in NY Belgian consulate?>

Yes, if you live in New York.

<What visa should I apply for a 3 day stopover - transit or tourist?>

Tourist (Schengen short-stay visa)

<How much time does it take to process Belgian tourist visa?>

Embassy website says at least 3 weeks.

<Do airlines agree to rescheduling connecting flights separately and making flights in a three day gap?>

I don't know.

diplobel.us/TravelingBelgium/…Schengen

…belgium.be/en/…

https:/…Short_stay_for_tourism_purposes.aspx

Edited: 24 July 2013, 22:00
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days stopover in Belgium - Visa requirements

<Do airlines agree to rescheduling connecting flights separately and making flights in a three day gap?>

What you want is for the airline to change your ticket for the Brussels-New Delhi leg, presumably to the same flight 3 days later than you are currently booked for (although I know of no magic "3-day gap", or any other relevant period). Whether or not that is possible, and at what cost, depends on your contract with the airline concerned, that is to say, the conditions applicable to the ticket you purchased - and you are the only one who knows what you bought! If the ticket is non-flexible and non-refundable, the answer is no. If it is fully flexible, the answer is yes. It could also be somewhere in between, with changes possible at a cost. You will have to contact the airline or agency you purchased the ticket from to find out.

3. Re: 3 days stopover in Belgium - Visa requirements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 07:23