We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip TO Brussels

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
52 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip TO Brussels

My friend & I, both middle aged women, are planning a 12 day trip starting Sept 16 to Amsterdam & surrounding areas, Bruges, and Brussels. We have hotel reservations for 4 nights in Amsterdam and two nights in Bruges. We were planning to stay two nights in Brussels, but are finding the hotels very expensive. We are thinking of also trying to see Antwerp and maybe Ghent. I'm wondering if it would be more cost effective to make two day trips from either Antwerp or Ghent. Or would it be better to stay on the outskirts of Brussels, and if so, where? I'm thinking a day and a half in Brussels would be sufficient for us. I know we have extra days to fill and are open to any suggestions. We want to end up the last night in Amsterdam as our flight back to the U.S. leaves from there.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,122 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip TO Brussels

1) Depending on which type of train you are taking, you can visit either Antwerp or Brussels on the way between Amsterdam and Brugge. If taking Thalys, you will normally have to change in Brussels, and you are free to take any local train to Brugge, so you can leave luggage at the station, visit Brussels, and then continue to Brugge in the late afternoon/evening. If taking NON-high-speed trains, on the other hand, on an Amsterdam-Brugge ticket you have to change in Antwerp, so you can do the same there.

2) You can then visit the other city either in the same way on the way back to Amsterdam, or by day trip from Brugge (to Brussels: €13.80 single, €27.60 return or €14.80 return if doing this on a Sat/Sun; to Antwerp, €14.50 single €29 return, €15.40 weekend return).

With only 2 nights in Brugge you don't have time to take TWO day trips from there and still see anything of Brugge.

2. Re: Day trip TO Brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:18