We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 50 minutes time between flights enough?

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Is 50 minutes time between flights enough?

My United flight from Chicago reaches Brussels at 9:20 AM and my next flight to Frankfurt of Lufthansa is at 10:10 AM, I am flying to Mumbai from Frankfurt by 1:05 PM flight. I am concerned if the time between the two flights at Brussels is enough. I believe I may not have to undergo any immigration checks as I will be a transit passenger, yet I am concerned. Both flights are by business class. Any experiences you can share will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 50 minutes time between flights enough?

<Is 50 minutes time between flights enough?>

I suspect that it is very tight. Here is the transfer information on the Airport website:

brusselsairport.be/en/…

Look at transfer info B gates.

Brussels
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 50 minutes time between flights enough?

It's tight, but if your flight is on time it should work.

You will have to pass immigration AND security, so make sure not to waste any time. As a C passenger, you'll get off the airplane first and if you walk briskly, there should not be much of a line for immigration. There is also a fast track through security for business passengers.

Tip: when you leave the incoming aircraft from ORD, be very attentive for the signs to the transfer "A" gates as they are easy to miss and you don't want to get spit out into the baggage claim area and out of the airport. I have seen this happen. If in doubt, ask someone.

Illinois
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 50 minutes time between flights enough?

Thank you all for great responses. Hope I make it.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 50 minutes time between flights enough?

"I believe I may not have to undergo any immigration checks as I will be a transit passenger" - you WILL, because you are arriving from outside Schengen (Pier B) and transferring to a Schengen flight (Pier A) and must go through passport control between the two for entry to the Schengen zone - and again when you get to Frankfurt as you will be transferring there from Schengen to non-Schengen, and so exiting the Schengen zone! Only if you had been transferring from a non-Schengen to non-Schengen flight directly at BRU would you have avoided this, as a transit passenger.

In addition, you go through security checks for ALL flights, irrespective of whether you came in on another flight or checked in in Brussels. And the fast track lane is not open to all business-class passengers, only certain airlines, e.g. SN.

If you booked both flights (ORD-BRU and BRU-FRA) through United, on the same ticket, and they told you this was a legal connection, at least they will take responsibility for rebooking you if you miss your flight to FRA. If you booked these tickets separately, on the other hand, you're on your own.

5. Re: Is 50 minutes time between flights enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 06:20