We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels to bruges train

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brussels to bruges train

Hello there

We were just wondering is it cheaper to buy train tickets from brussels to brugesor buy online in advance?

Many thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels to bruges train

Not unless you are under 26, when Go-Pass-1 ticket can ONLY be purchased online. Otherwise, it costs exactly the same whether you buy online or in person, in advance or at the station (€14.10 single, €28.20 return or €15.20 weekend return if doing this trip on a Sat or Sun).

If you do buy online (www.belgianrail.be) make sure to select the correct date for both trips - outward and return - because you can use your ticket on any train on that route on the date selected, but not on a different date.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels to bruges train

<Go-Pass-1 ticket can ONLY be purchased online>

SNCB seem to have changed their policy. Apparently, Go Pass 1 tickets can now also be bought from ticket machines (but still not at staffed ticket counters).

belgianrail.be/en/…go-pass-1.aspx

Terms and Conditions:

http://www.belgianrail.be/en/travel-tickets/tickets/~/media/EB2E3279D72447BEA9BADA9EA924EABB.ashx

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels to bruges train

Good news for those concerned - especially with the new ticket machines that take credit cards! (belgianrail.be/en/…buy-payment.aspx)

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Brussels to bruges train

Many thanks for the replies.. Will probably buy on the day if it's the same price

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brussels to bruges train

really good news about buying on day at same price , i was on the belgianrail website and the dates i wanted were not available so good to know i can turn up and pay on day for same price

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brussels to bruges train

"the dates i wanted were not available" - you can only buy online 1 month in advance of the date of travel, so at the moment, not for a (domestic) trip after the beginning of April.

7. Re: Brussels to bruges train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:16