We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket reservation

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
160 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket reservation

I am trying to book Thalys tickets from Brussels to Amsterdam using on SNCB Europe website, i am using my US credit card and the order has been denied by merchant. Do they do not accept US cards? Thanks.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket reservation

Yes they do (whereas Dutch Railways don't, online - they do by phone - which is why it is actually RECOMMENDED to use b-europe site with a U.S. credit card: http://www.seat61.com/international-trains/trains-from-Amsterdam.htm) - however, that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a problem with your particular card (-issuer), or possibly between you and your bank!

I presume you have read https://www.b-europe.com/Travel/Practical/FAQ ("My online payment has been refused. Why?").

Otherwise, try the Thalys site: www.thalys.com - although I don't think their practices are different (and their customer service is Belgian Railways anyway).

Boston...
Level Contributor
160 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket reservation

Thank you. Actually, I used both b-Europe site and Thalys, they both are using same domain and same server of Ogone system. I called to my bank - they do not see any pending transactions either. I'll try RailEurope.com

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,891 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket reservation

I had the same trouble recently. I was unsuccessful on both the Thalys and the B Europe site using a Visa card. I switched to a MasterCard with MasterCard Secure. I was asked a couple security questions and the sale was processed. I was successful in buying all my train tickets.

It seems the trouble was with the Visa Verify process.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
7,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket reservation

b-europe.com normally accepts all cards, including overseas cards - but there's an occasional glitch with any site with any overseas card.

Thalys.com hands you over to SNCB (b-europe.com), SNCF or NS HiSpeed for ticket sales depending on where your trip starts, which is why you ended up seeing the same domain for payment processing.

You can also try www.loco2.com which has its own card processing system and normally accepts all international cards, it sells Thalys with print-at-home ticketsand charges no booking fee.

You may need to warn your bank, sometimes it's the bank that blocks what it thinks is a potentially fraudulent transaction.

5. Re: Ticket reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:19