We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels Trip

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels Trip

I have finalised my trip and I will reach Brussels on Thursday afternoon at 3:00 PM at leave for Amsterdam on Friday evening at 5:30 PM in April.

I would like to visit following places in Brussels 1. Mini Europe 2. Atomium 3. Grand Place 4. Mannekin Pis5. Parc du Cinquantenaire-Jubelpark 5. Palais de Justice/Justitiepaleis 6. Basiliek van het Heilig Hart / Basilique du Sacré Coeur 7. Palais Royale/Koninklijk Paleis 8. Statue of Europe 9. European Parliament.

Request your suggestion on public transport pass or combination of tickets which is most economical and can be used to visit all the above mentioned places. Kindly also suggest a likely itinerary to cover the above mentioned places.

Regards

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels Trip

well you just get a day ticket and take the tram/metro but i think mini europe is closed and even if it wasnt unless you are travelling with very young children i wouldnt bother,.

If you are in town do the centre things the Grand place & mannekin pis then parc for the royale palace it is a relativetly short wak though european area round schuman or maalbeek for the parliament and berlaymont and the cinquintenaire , metro to heysel for the atomium, the palais de jstice i wouldnt bother with. A lot to do in a short time and i would wnat ot go to at lease one art gallery

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels Trip

A 1-day JUMP ticket costs €7 and is certainly your best bet. If you buy this from a metro station ticket office, you can also ask for a network map - plan réseau (www.stib-mivb.be/netplan-plan-reseau.html…): you'll need it!

Mini-Europe opens for the season on 14 March 2014 (www.minieurope.be/en/practical/opening-hours), and it appears that this will be April ("I will reach Brussels on Thursday afternoon at 3:00 PM at leave for Amsterdam on Friday evening at 5:30 PM in April" - presumably meaning A Thursday afternoon and A Friday evening, not this coming Thursday 6/3..).

1. Mini Europe and 2. Atomium are both near Heysel metro station on metro line 6; if starting on metro lines 1/5 (e.g. Gare centrale, Schuman), change at Beekkant.

3. Grand Place - lies between Gare centrale (metro lines 1/5) and Bourse (metro lines 3/4) metro stations, which are as close as you can get by public transport.

4. Mannekin Pis within walking distance of 3

5. Parc du Cinquantenaire-Jubelpark - depends which end you want, but probably Mérode metro station or 27 bus to Gaulois (if this is for the museums) or Mérode (bus stop). You could also walk from Rond Point Schuman, you can see the archway from there.

5. (sic) Palais de Justice/Justitiepaleis - at Place Poelaert not far from 27 bus stop "Petit Sablon" (coming FROM Gare du Midi) or 92/93 trams from Parc/Place Royale. The 27 bus coming FROM Gare du Midi (direction Andromède) goes along the rue Haute but it doesn't have a stop close to the glass lift up to Place Poelaert, the closest is called Hôpital St. Pierre (and the next one is Chapelle, just before the Petit Sablon stop).

6. Basiliek van het Heilig Hart / Basilique du Sacré Coeur - not really near anything else on your list, the closest metro station is Simonis on line 6 but this is at the other end of the Parc Elisabeth from the basilica.

7. Palais Royale/Koninklijk Paleis - 27 bus to either Ducale (the stop after Trône, coming from Mérode) or Place Royale (in the same direction, stop after Ducale, outside the Old Masters museum - or you could go to Parc metro station on lines 1/5 and walk across the Parc de Bruxelles

8. Statue of Europe - It appears that is the silly title of this monstrosity: tripomatic.com/Belgium/… - which is near the Van Maerlant building on Ch. d'Etterbeek. It is not far from the Ch. d'Etterbeek exit from Maalbeek metro station, or the Toulouse stop on the 27 bus route.

9. European Parliament: at Place du Luxembourg, 27 bus to "Luxembourg".

If you go to Mérode metro station (e.g. returning from Heysel), you can catch the 27 bus, direction Gare du Midi, from the 81 tram stop outside the Derby Hotel, and this will take you to 7, 8 and 9. After MERODE, the first stop is Gaulois, then Nerviens, Froissart, TOULOUSE (the bus crosses the Ch. d'Etterbeek, walk back downhill to it and turn right, you will soon see the "statue" on your right), Trèves, LUXEMBOURG (stop is opposite the Parlamentarium), Science, Trône, DUCALE, PLACE ROYALE (you'll see the Palais de Justice ahead of you), Sablon.. (Midi).

Edited: 05 March 2014, 22:49
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels Trip

Thank you for your detailed reply.

4. Re: Brussels Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:29