We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Brussels to Bruges

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
552 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Brussels to Bruges

Hi

I am flying from Gatwick to Brussels in October, we are staying in Bruges, could anybody tell me how much the cost of the train from Brussels into Bruges is and where we get the train (am I right in thinking the train station is within the airport?), journey time, and any other relevant information you think we may need?

Thanks

Lynsey

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

<am I right in thinking the train station is within the airport?>

It is under the airport and is clearly signposted from the Arrivals Hall.

<could anybody tell me how much the cost of the train from Brussels into Bruges is>

From Brussels Airport to Bruges, a single full-price ticket costs €20.60.

<journey time>

1 hour 23 minutes with a change at one of the Brussels (city) stations; 1 hour 33 minutes with a change in Ghent (Gent-Sint-Pieters).

To see the timetable:

http://www.belgianrail.be/en/Default.aspx

To: Brugge [NMBS/SNCB]

Look at the link to Travel Tickets www.belgianrail.be/en/travel-tickets.aspx . There may be other cheaper fares, depending on your age, day of travel, and whether you are making a single or return trip.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

€20.60 single, €41.20 return, takes 1h23/1h33, changing in Brussels or Ghent, and yes the station is below the airport, just follow the signs and take the escalator down from the Arrivals level to -1.

For timetable see http://www.railtime.be/website/train-schedule entering Brussels Nationaal Luchthaven as departure station and Bruges or Brugge as destination, plus date and rough time.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

NB: Train timetable I linked to in post 1 will not show trains for October, so look for trains for the same day of the week during April or May.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

... but the railtime schedule will. I presume that the reason why belgianrail doesn't is that this is the site you would have to purchase from, if buying online: and you can't purchase domestic tickets more than 1 month in advance.

Railtime (which was set up by Infrabel, the company that owns the track, as opposed to SNCB/NMBS, which runs the trains) isn't linked to purchase so it doesn't have the same limitation. It is also more forgiving than belgianrail in terms of language/station names and can be simpler to use because it concentrates on trains, whereas belgianrail includes regional buses.

But for prices and/or to purchase tickets, you would have to use belgianrail.be - or else the SNCB/NMBS fares module (sefora.b-rail.be/sefora/Sefora/berekenen.do…).

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

< ... but the railtime schedule will ... Railtime ... isn't linked to purchase so it doesn't have the same limitation>

Yes, exactly. I post the link to belgianrail by force of habit, but I agree that Railtime is better for consulting timetables. I will re-arrange my Bookmarks !

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

Thanks very much for all the helpful replies

7. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 06:16