We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopping off in Brussels for a quick visit to La Mort Subite

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Stopping off in Brussels for a quick visit to La Mort Subite

I am taking a train from Cologne to Brussels Nord and then on to Bruges. Since my train to Bruges does not have a time constraint only a date, I thought I would take advantage of a short time in Brussels to hot-foot to La Mort Subite for a refreshment or two. It is on my list after all. Is it really only a 20 minute walk from the train station? Is there a better way to get there than on foot?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopping off in Brussels for a quick visit to La Mort Subite

It would take me a heck of a lot longer than 20 mins to walk to A La Mort Subite from Gare du Nord, but it's 5-10 mins walk from Gare CENTRALE, which is covered by any train ticket from Cologne to Brussels: just change to one of the many trains that link Nord, Central and Midi, every few minutes. You can also continue to Brugge from Gare centrale as all DOMESTIC (not international) trains that stop at one of those 3 Brussels stations stop at all of them.

Another way to get there by public transport would be (pre-)metro lines 3/4 to De Brouckère then (after transferring by moving walkway from the tram to metro part of that station) 1/5 to Gare centrale (€2.10). If you do that, take the exit directly from the station platform, which is no. 7 on this map: stib.be/irj/…Gare_centrale.pdf - and then walk down rue d'Arenberg.

For another map of the area, see www.ilotsacre.be/site/en/default_en.htm - A La Mort Subite is in Rue Montagne aux Herbes Potagères which is the street opposite the "cathedral" end of the Galeries St. Hubert.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 18:17
brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopping off in Brussels for a quick visit to La Mort Subite

get off at central and ten minutes at most by foot. but why that place why do you thuink it is the only place worth going, i would pick two or three others if it was my one stop in BXL ?

3. Re: Stopping off in Brussels for a quick visit to La Mort Subite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:15