We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

Need to catch plane and will have around 1h and 45 min

Is a taxi good way ? What will be the price?

Thank you

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,539 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

Taxi is the ONLY possible way: in fact if you have luggage to check/drop off at CRL, then if this 1h45 is between landing at BRU and departure (i.e. flight time) at CRL, you would have barely 1 hour for the transfer because check-in/ bag-drop at CRL generally closes 40 minutes before the flight! And in normal conditions, it takes about 1 hour to drive from Brussels Airport, which is just outside the city in Zaventem, Flanders, to Charleroi Airport, which is about 50 km away in Gosselies, Wallonia.

You don't mention actual landing/flight times but the Brussels City Shuttle (http://www.brussels-city-shuttle.com/en#/) takes 55 mins from Gare du Midi to CRL, while the train from BRU to Midi takes about 20 mins and runs every 15-20 mins. Of course you also have to allow time after landing to get to passport control, through baggage collection (whether or not you have anything to collect) and down to the station, and on arrival at Midi, to get from the platform to rue de France where the shuttle departs from - and where passengers are supposed to arrive 15 mins before departure. Nor is it possible to book a specific shuttle departure, so unless you arrive there early, there is no guarantee that you will get on whichever departure would get you to CRL in time for your flight.

By train, once at the station below Brussels Airport (and having purchased a train ticket), it takes about 1 1/2 hrs from BRU to Charleroi-Sud station, from where you can get to CRL in 10 mins by taxi: you wouldn't have time to take the bus, which leaves every 30 mins (hourly on Sunday).

The fastest way to get a taxi at BRU is to take a metered one from the rank - pre-ordered taxis can't wait right outside the "arrivals" exit from terminal, where the taxi rank is! - but the price on the meter would be something like €120. You should be able to get a lower flat-rate fee by booking directly, but none of the private transfer companies that you can find by googling, or in previous questions in this or other Belgium forums, seem to have an unblemished record in terms of turning up. You could ask for a quote from this chauffeur-driven car company, although it is aimed at business travellers: directway.be/services/…

In future, I would suggest you look into transfer times and costs BEFORE booking flights from different airports in the same country!

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

...... and if you are trying to do it during a Monday to Friday rush hour, at least before the beginning of July, it is probably impossible.

Delays on the Brussels Ring will almost certainly add around 15 minutes, and possibly a lot more, to the "normal" journey time.

Make sure that you have a "plan B".

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

Hi people

Sorry for not saying the time

Arrival Time: 13:05, Thursday 19 June 2014 - at brussles airport - so lets say it arrives 13:30 - 14:00 to get out

I will change my flight and go to thessaloniki from Charleroi Airport

Flight is at 16:15pm

What do you think i should do ? Try to save money or just get the taxi?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,539 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

I think you should "do the math" and decide for yourself! In fact in your situation I would have started - before booking! - with the website of Charleroi Airport (charleroi-airport.com/en/…index.html) which currently says "Dear passenger, Given the expected high volume of traffic , we advise passengers to arrive at least 3 hours prior to the departure of their flight..."

However, they have not changed the recommendation to take the shuttle from Brussels 3 hours before the flight, based on getting there "only" 2 hrs beforehand, which in your case would be 14:15. As you can see from the timetable, the13:30 shuttle (for which you would need to get from BRU to Bruxelles-Midi by 13:15, which clearly isn't possible) would get you there for 14:25, the 14:00 for 14:55. Even if you could catch the 13:24 train from the airport and arriving at the station at 13:45, that may be too late for this bus as you are supposed to be there 15 mins before, and the bus stop is some distance from the platform.

If you want to look up train times, see www.belgianrail.be

Indeed if you can change your flight to Thessaloniki (or alternatively, your flight to BRU) this would be the best option.

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

Ok

I see you are saying about the booking.. The booking is not yet done but it will be done.. I have no other option i need to be back on 19th and there are no other flights near my country or in my country from either Brussels Airport or Charleroi.

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

Tell me will it be cheaper to get taxi from Brussels main airport to Charleroi or from Brussels Midi?

i see some new thing called https://www.uber.com/ about taxi and i think i can get better price then 120euro

7. Re: Brussels International Airport - Brussels Charleroi by Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:17