We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help which airport?

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
help which airport?

Im looking to book a last minute trip to Brussels. It is £120 cheaper to fly into South Charleroi Airport. So few questions is it worth me doing this? I no it is some distance from brussels centre how hard is it to get from airport into brussels how much will it cost? Is it worth the extra travell time just to save £100 I will only be in Brussels 3 days. Appreciate any help on this.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help which airport?

1. CRL-Brussels takes about 1 hr by shuttle to Bruxelles-Midi station and costs from €5-€17, depending on when and how you buy the ticket (for a last-minute trip, this will be €14 buying online); then €2.10 to continue by metro to wherever you would be staying. See www.brussels-city-shuttle.com/en/timetable (you can also take TEC bus A to Charleroi-Sud station, - 20 mins, €5 - and continue by train to Brussels, which costs €6 for under 26s, €8 on weekdays in July/August, and otherwise €9.40 - takes about 50 mins).

Pay particular attention to flight times because while the shuttle runs every 30 mins late into the night and starts very early in the morning, public transport in Brussels - to get to/from the shuttle departure/arrival point - doesn't start until about 05:30, and ceases around midnight.

2. BRU-Brussels takes 15-20 mins by train to Bruxelles-Nord, -Central (near the Grand' Place) and -Midi, and costs €8.50 one way. There's also an airport bus to Diamant, Schuman and Place du Luxembourg (not right in the city centre) which costs €4 including transfer to any other bus, tram or metro to your final destination in Brussels.

Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help which airport?

Thank you for the information. One last question. Are the tickets for the shuttle easily purchased on the day? Are tickets purchased next to the shuttle stops?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help which airport?

You can always buy tickets for the shuttle on the day, given that they won't be for a particular departure (also if purchased online): however this costs €17 when the maximum you will pay online is €14.

As for ticket machines and kiosk at CRL, I refer you to the map on the website already provided: www.brussels-city-shuttle.com/en/busstops

4. Re: help which airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 04:17