We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the IBIS Hotel off of the Grand Place

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Staines, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Staying at the IBIS Hotel off of the Grand Place

Hi all,

I am taking my wife away for her 30th on the 29th July to Brussels staying at the IBIS hotel off of the grand place. Looking on google maps it looks close enough to walk from the central station.

Is it difficult get off of the Eurostar at the midi station & find your way to a train heading to the central station? I hear it is only 3 minutes by train.

As we are actually arriving on her birthday I would love to take her somewhere special for a meal. Any suggestions would be appreciated but ideally these would be a reasonable walk from the hotel.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,854 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the IBIS Hotel off of the Grand Place

No it's not difficult, you just look on the monitors /departure board/ yellow timetable "boards" for the next train headed that way, and go to the platform number given. They leave every few minutes so there is no rush. You don't need to do anything with your ticket, just present it if asked to do so by a conductor on board the train.

Once at Gare centrale, you come up an escalator from the platform (if you don't see one, keep walking along the platform) to the -1 level, where you may see a large flight of steps. To the left of this, and almost behind it, is an elevator up to the ticket office level (0). From where this comes out, the main exit from the station is on your right. Cross over to the archway and turn right, going downhill. The Ibis "Off Grand' Place" (no "of the") is right after the Novotel "Off Grand' Place".

The Galeries St. Hubert are not far from your hotel, opposite the street that leads to the Grand' Place (rue de la Colline, off rue Marché aux Herbes). In here there are a couple of nice places like La Taverne du Passage (http://www.taverne-du-passage.be/) and - if it is open at the moment: restaurants close here for the summer holidays - L'Ogenblik in the Galerie des Princes (http://www.ogenblik.be/). On the other hand, I do NOT recommend any of the places in rue des Bouchers/Petite rue des Bouchers except for Aux Armes de Bruxelles (which is on the corner of both) - but it's expensive.

For map of the area, see www.ilotsacre.be/site/en/default_en.htm

2. Re: Staying at the IBIS Hotel off of the Grand Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16