We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester to Brussels to New York

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Manchester to Brussels to New York

Hi,

I hope someone can help. I have a flight booked Manchester to New York via Brussels.

Manchester to Brussels flight arrives at 08.55 and the Brussels to New York flight departs at 10.20. All flights are with Brussels Airlines. Is 1hour 25 minutes adequate time between flights?

I

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester to Brussels to New York

Yes, the minimum "legal connection time" at BRU is either 50 or 55 minutes. Although you don't have to go through passport control, because this is a non-Schengen to non-Schengen transfer, you will have security checks on hand luggage.

Flights from the UK arrive at Pier B, those to the U.S. depart either from the same pier (I left from there just over a week ago and there were flights to Philadelphia and Charlotte leaving from B) or from zone T at the end of Pier A, in which case you would have to take the bus that goes between B and A/T, and the hand-luggage check would take place when you get there. You will know which it is when you get your boarding card indicating gate number - or if by any chance this doesn't indicate the gate number, you will need to look at the monitors on arrival at BRU.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester to Brussels to New York

Hi Qaminari,

I'm booked onto the same 2 flights and I'm traveling this Wednesday.

The journey is all on one ticket and our luggage will be transferred without our intervention.

Im not sure what gate we arrive at in BRU or what gate/pier flight Sn501 departs from for New York, but I'm a little nervous of the time constraint to get off one flight and onto another.

Will I have to go through any sort of passport control or just security? Will there be enough time to make it even if I have to go between piers A/B?

Thanks in advance,

EjM23

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester to Brussels to New York

It would be a good idea to read the answer already given! You are arriving from the U.K. which is outside Schengen and departing to the U.S. which is also outside Schengen, so there is no passport control (by passport officials, that is - airline staff will ask to see your passport with your boarding card to check that names are the same).

The UK flight will arrive at Pier B while US flights depart from either Pier B or Zone T at the end of Pier A (in my opinion most likely - I do know that 2 years ago SN501 left from Gate T61). This doesn't give the gate number or pier at BRU for flight SN501 or indeed any other flight: flightstats.com/go/… (terminal numbers given are for JFK). If your gate number isn't marked on the boarding card for BRU-JFK flight issued at Manchester, you will have to look on the monitors when you arrive at BRU; or they may well announce it on the plane.

I can only repeat that 1h25 is sufficient for this transfer, being 50% more than the "legal connection" time at BRU. This including taking the bus from level 0 (arrivals, gates B80-98) of Pier B to Zone A/T - follow signage for that zone to get the bus.

Edited: 18 November 2014, 01:30
4. Re: Manchester to Brussels to New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2015, 06:17