We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury hotel near train station

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
56 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury hotel near train station

My husband and I would like to base ourselves 4 days or so in Brussels. We would like to stay in a luxury hotel not too far from the train station so we can make day trips to Antwerp, Brugge and Ghent. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel within walking distance of station and also possibly of cafés and restaurants?

We are travelling July of next year. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Hotel Amigo
Hotel Amigo
#5 of 197 hotels in Brussels
Steigenberger Wiltcher's
Steigenberger Wiltcher's
#33 of 197 hotels in Brussels
Sofitel Brussels Le Louise
Sofitel Brussels Le Louise
#4 of 15 hotels in Ixelles
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

The Amigo, located 1 block from the Grand' Place (which is 5 mins walk from Gare centrale), would fit the bill : https:/…

For other hotels in the area, see www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
56 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

Great. Thank you very much!

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

I agree Hotel Amigo is in a great location. We based out of this hotel. Central Station is a short walk, it is right off Grand Place, many restaurants near by. The rooms are nice and service is very good.

Ask for a quiet room if noise bothers you at night.

Have a wonderful trip!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Amigo
Hotel Amigo
2,525 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
Central Station
Central Station
6,829 Reviews
Antwerp, Belgium
Grand Place
Grand Place
28,400 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
4. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 09:36
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

Good luck getting to Place Brugmann in 10 minutes from the city centre by tram! Once you get to Parc metro station (1 stop from Gare centrale), it's 10 stops to Darwin, the closest stop to Place Brugmann, on tram #92.

Seriously, if you did want to be away from the GP area but still with good access to a train station, I would stay around Louise metro station, an upmarket shopping area which is 3 stops on the metro from Gare du Midi. You could consider "The Hotel" (stupid name, former Brussels Hilton), Sofitel Louise, or a little further away, off Place Stéphanie, the Steigenberger (former Conrad).

Mentioned in this post
BRUGMANN
BRUGMANN
169 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

If you take tram 4 at La Bourse (right in the Center) you have 8 stops to Berkendael and there 4 minutes walk to Place Brugman which is a lot more upscale and chic than Grand Place and avenue Louise . Brussels being a small town you have to look for the right neighborhood to stay since it is quite easy to be back to the center (that anyway you will visit in half a day). Brussels has a lot more to offer.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Place
Grand Place
28,400 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

Place Brugmann like close to Cureghem ?

My guess is that I can be faster from Waterloo to the station than from there at peak time...

Come on let us be serious, someone asks for being close to the station and gets a place that is not even Brussels intra-muros...

Twenty, Qaminari is a bible on Brussels, I'd follow her advice.

Mvg

Mentioned in this post
BRUGMANN
BRUGMANN
169 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

<someone asks for being close to the station and gets a place that is not even Brussels intra-muros>

I think the various posts by BOREKITA under different topics are veiled advertisements ...

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Bonita Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

Thank you. From many travelers we appreciate your decent, fair and courteous response.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury hotel near train station

Do you really think that Cureghem and its slaughterhouse and its gangs is the best place to send people asking for luxury? Why are you considering Gare du Nord as the only train station of Brussels? All train stations in Brussels are linked together so travelers can board the train wherever they want. Gare du Midi is 7 min by tram from Place Brugman and from Gare du midi these travelers can go wherever they want with Thalys and Eurostar. The social demography of Brussels is so: in the South (Uccle, part of Ixelles) are the wealthiest part of the population. The center and north are concentrating immigrants and young flemish. The question that 20FOR7 has to think bout is: Do we want to stay in a part of a town crowded by tourist busses? Do we want when going back to the hotel or apartment walk on streets whit a succession of bars and restaurants? If that's what is requested, the center is perfect.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Uccle
Uccle
Brussels, Belgium