We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus and rail travel in and from MONS

Which Mons hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Argenton-sur-Creuse...
Level Contributor
21 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
bus and rail travel in and from MONS

Could anyone out there tell me if there are special rail tickets for regular use in Belgium???

The same about buses????

Finally, I know I am being greedy for information, but we have just arrived here...

Are there special disabled rates for the trains????

Thank you for taking the time to read this, my fingers are crossed that someone out there knows the answer...

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus and rail travel in and from MONS

To my knowledge there is no special pass for trains here (as per say Paris). It is cheaper on the weekends. As for disabled rates, that Im not sure. You can ask at the train station (if you can figure it out in French :) I have no idea about buses since I have yet to try them, but there is a bus information center right across the street from the train station. Good luck :)

Mons, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus and rail travel in and from MONS

The special train tickets I know of are 10 trips for 71 euros (or cheaper if your under age 26). You've probably figured this out by now, but maybe this will help if someone else comes along. The 10 ticket pass is good for any trips except those that go to border train stations (to change countries) and is called "Rail Pass" It's not worth using it to go to a town next door, because each trip ends up costing 7 euros, but you save money if going to Brussels, Liège, Bruges, etc.

3. Re: bus and rail travel in and from MONS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Mons