We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghent Festeen?

Elswick, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Ghent Festeen?

Hi, we're coming to the festeen this opening weekend and it's our first time. Looks amazing! Can anyone recommend any highlights or things we should look out for? We are only there till Sunday so we want to make the most of it! Thanks for any help, steven.

Europe
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghent Festeen?

"Gentse Feesten"... :-)

It's been (many) years since I have participated, so cannot really say what the highlights are these days. We generally always want there for the last night - which used to have the same artist performing every year and it became a bit of a tradition.

I assume you have seen the website (also in English) with the program? https://gentsefeesten.stad.gent/en/ But whatever you choose, I am sure you'll have a great time! (Actually, I'll be in Antwerpen for the weekend and the week, I might come over as well... ;-)

Zottegem, Belgium
Level Contributor
43 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghent Festeen?

Steven, it is always a pleasure to see "first-timers" arrive at the Cirq-site (located at the Willem de Beersteeg). You will remember it for years... Have fun, we certainly will!

Zottegem, Belgium
Level Contributor
43 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghent Festeen?

Steven, it is always a pleasure to see "first-timers" arrive at the Cirq-site (located at the Willem de Beersteeg). You will remember it for years... Have fun, we certainly will!

East Kent
Level Contributor
7 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghent Festeen?

Hi - just saw your msg and wondered what you thought if it, I have just got back from our first visit too! Am planning to go again next year but trying to find the dates at the mo...!

I seem to have a lot of photos with random pink elephants in the background....

Europe
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghent Festeen?

Delirium Tremens (the beer), that is what the elephants stand for... :-) And yes, I have also seen a lot of them when I was there on Saturday (on flags, posters, balloons and even elephant-shaped hats).

6. Re: Ghent Festeen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2018, 05:17