We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Ghent

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Ghent

Hello. I am Driving to Ghent next year (April) and I would like to know if someone knows about parking in the area of Drabstraat, Korenlei or Korenmarkt streets. I would like to visit places near those streets. Thanks for the Information.

Mentioned in this post
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Korenmarkt
Korenmarkt
101 Reviews
Ghent, Belgium
2 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
6,221 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Ghent

The parking garages closest to those locations are “Sint-Michiels” and “Ramen”.

But you really need to change your mindset about driving and parking in cities like Gent if you are going to visit by car. Where you need to be in the city is less important than how to easily get to a parking, depending on from where you arrive. Central Gent is car free. If you arrive from (for example) the east of the city it does not make sense to drive all the way around it to get to a parking on the western side of it, just to save yourself from walking a few minutes longer. (The only exception to this for me would be to park as close to a hotel as possible, because of the luggage.)

For instance, arriving by highway from most destinations, it makes more sense to enter the city by the B401 road (which is a flyover that goes into the city) and park at “Zuid”,·”Reep” or “Vrijdagmarkt”.

If you do want (or need) to park as close as possible, this map (provided on the city’s website) gives you an idea of where the parking garages are and the routes to get there, and where you can and cannot drive: https://stad.gent/sites/default/files/page/d…

Mentioned in this post
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Vrijdagmarkt
Vrijdagmarkt
229 Reviews
Ghent, Belgium
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
145 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Ghent

Helpful parking tip: garages in Flanders are often marked either as "vrij" (free; spaces available) or "volle" (full). In some places in Gent, you will see signs to various garages, with an LED sign next to each denoting whether the garage has spaces available. Obviously go towards the "vrij" garages. (English speakers sometimes figure this out on their own; sometimes not!)

Reply to: Parking in Ghent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted