We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Barbaars Naakt” by Karel Appel

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
“Barbaars Naakt” by Karel Appel

I’ve contacted the Museum voor Schone Kunsten, MSK and the Stedelijk Museum voor Actuele Kunst S.M.A.K. in Ghent to see if a specific painting is on display, or if it will be on display in July. I believe it is at the S.M.A.K. but asked both to be safe. But so far I haven’t heard back. So I’ll take a shot and post the question here. The painting is “Barbaars Naakt” by Karel Appel, It means Barbaric Nude. I hope this is a link to the photo:

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/30lgb3q.jpg[/IMG]

Has anyone been to either museum lately and seen this painting? We were not planning on going to Ghent this summer, but if the painting is on display we might make the trip. Thanks

arewin

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: “Barbaars Naakt” by Karel Appel

You're right that it is part of the SMAK collection: www.smak.be/collectie_kunstenaar.php… - a friend tells me it was included in this recent exhibition www.smak.be/tentoonstelling.php…

However, she doesn't recall whether it is on permanent exhibition and I think only SMAK could tell you what the situation will be in July.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: “Barbaars Naakt” by Karel Appel

qaminari,

Thanks for the update, I'll just have to keep trying to contact the museum. I can see the painting in the link you provided to the recent exhibition. Maybe we'll get lucky, thanks again.

arewin

3. Re: “Barbaars Naakt” by Karel Appel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:17