We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gent nightlife

Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Gent nightlife

Which city is the better option for a boys weekend away Gent or Ostend.?, they will be 30 of us travelling. Which city has the better and most bars.? Thanks

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
70 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gent nightlife

inyourpocket.com/Belgium/Ghent/Nightlife/Bars

Since Gent is far bigger then Ostend it has more bars. But since it is holiday season the bars in Ostend will be more lively I suppose. It also depends on who you are. Bars in Gent are more centered towards students and the alternative scene. That is far less the case in Ostend where you will find a more "normal" barcrowd.

Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gent nightlife

Thanks for help,we will be travelling at the end of March so will Ostend be busy then.?, we have been to Antwerp 4 times Bruges Brussels and Ostend twice, so Gent would be new to us,we also want to visit the Duval brewery in Puurs which I think is about 40minutes away from Gent, we're hoping Gent has enough bars and stay open late for us to have a good time,

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gent nightlife

Hi

There will be bars open late, the difficulty will be finding one that will take 30 of you as many are not that big.

Here are a few to get you started:

inyourpocket.com/Belgium/Ghent/Nightlife/Bars

Don't forget the Gruut brewery in Gent itself:

http://www.gruut.be/eng-introduction.html

Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gent nightlife

Top nan thanks for your help.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
70 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gent nightlife

Ostend is a dead city in march, if you are looking for empty bars to house 30 people :) But the atmosphere will be zero. To house a large crowed I should try the "Dulle Griet" at the Vrijdagmarkt in Gent and be certain to order a Kwak beer. That will be a special experience I promise you ( be sure to wear new socks). An alternative is the Vooruit in the Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat.

http://vooruit.be/en/

Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gent nightlife

Rhanksfor yyou have been a great help,we love Belguim lovely people and the best beer in the world,

7. Re: Gent nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ghent