We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and Transport Help

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel and Transport Help

Hello All - Spouse has to go to a business meeting on Technologielaan in Leuven. From the map, it looks like it is a bit out of the city center. Have two questions: 1) Is there a hotel near there or is it a business area with just office buildings? and 2) Is there public transportation there or should he rent a car? Thank you very much!

Town Hall (Stadhuis)
Historic Sites, Architectural Buildings
Groot Begijnhof
Historic Sites, Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Old Market Square
Points of Interest & Landmarks
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and Transport Help

OK, I just did a little bit more research and looks like it is the Haasrode Business Park and that bus # 630 goes there. Does anyone know the name of the stop to get off there? Is there is a hotel in the business park? Or, would it just be better to stay in central Leuven and take the bus? Thx for any help!

Edited: 02 February 2014, 16:22
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,523 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and Transport Help

Yes it's a business park. From google maps, the closest place to stay would appear to be the Park Bed & Breakfast/B&B Park (same place!) at Abdijstraat 56, Heverlee on the other side of Meerdaalboslaan (N25) from the business park (http://www.parkbedandbreakfast.net/ - http://www.booking.com/hotel/be/park-bed-breakfast.html). The closest bus stop is Haasrode-Milseweg on the route of bus #630 - bus #4 is also not far away at the stop Heverlee-Pakenstraat.

The closest bus stop to Technologielaan depends on where exactly you want to be, but stops Haasrode Brabanthal and Haasrode Orda-B are both served by buses 4 and 630.

You could certainly stay in the city centre - preferably near the station, for buses (La Royale, Mille Colonnes, Industrie, Ibis Budget Central; Yenn, on the 630 bus route, Binnenhof on the route of bus 4) - or near Tiense Poort (Budget Flats Leuven, Condo Gardens) on the 630 bus route.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 16:55
Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and Transport Help

There is no hotel in the business park.

Bus no. 630 goes there indeed. I think it's the stop 'Interleuven' but your husband can ask the driver to tell him when to get off.

It's best to take a hotel in Leuven close by the railway & bus station, then it's only a 10 min. bus ride to the business park. Eg. Park Inn by Radisson, La Royale, Malon, Mille Colonnes, Industrie.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and Transport Help

Thank you for the help, that is just the info that I need! I checked the Park B&B because it does look like it is the closest, but it is booked. So, I will be booking a hotel at the train station so spouse can just hop on the bus, appreciate the hotel suggestions there. One more question, if I may, how late does the bus run? Thank you.

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel and Transport Help

Here's the schedule, unfortunately only in Dutch.

…delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Kalender2011/Bra…

Leuven Station is where your husband will have to take the bus.

Pages 1 and 2 are to the business park ; pages 3 and 4 are back to town.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel and Transport Help

Thank you for the link to the schedule, perfect. You have been a huge help!

7. Re: Hotel and Transport Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 19:16