We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bruges to Amsterdam

Vancouver BC
12 posts
Save Topic
Bruges to Amsterdam

I am trying to find and book a train from Bruges to Amsterdam on April 30th. I seem to find some of the info I need on www.b-rail.be. Does annyone know an easy way to book including prices? Or a website with good deals?

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bruges to Amsterdam

I think you will have to take a local train from Brugge to Brussels. Then from Brussels you hop on a bullet train to Amsterdam. For that you have to book www.thalys.com.

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bruges to Amsterdam

Or take the train from Brugge to Antwerp and then jump on the one to Amsterdam.

Don't bother with the bullet train/highspeedThalys, (I don't) it's just a name as there aren't any highspeed tracks yet (just the part between Brussels and Paris has them) Stick to the regular IC-train, it runs every hour, is cheaper and is equally fast as the Thalys. No need to prebook your ticket for IC trains. If you stick with the Thalys, you need to book in advance, as soon as you can as it's cheaper then.

Vancouver BC
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bruges to Amsterdam

Thank you all!

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bruges to Amsterdam

By the way, you really can't book Thalys tickets on the thalys.com website unless you have a mailing address in Belgium/the Netherlands/France. And the reservations portion of their site is only available in Dutch or French...which can make it a bit tricky if you don't speak those languages fluently enough to feel comfortable making a credit card transaction. (I can buy a cheese sandwich in Dutch...but a train ticket, I'm not so sure).

Try www.raileurope.com/canada/index.htm instead. They have booking info for Canadians (and links to the US booking site too).

Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bruges to Amsterdam

Does the IC train have a web site? I'm interested in the ticket prices.

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bruges to Amsterdam

for details on all trains in Belgium check out www.nmbs.be

Unfortunately no prices are available for international travel.

Get answers to your questions about Bruges