We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: Wonderful Brugge

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report: Wonderful Brugge

First would like to thank all who answered my endless questions for months. Special thanks to Amboseli and Geminari who helped in so many ways make this trip so much easier and enjoyable..

Brugge picture perfect and I can't wait to go back. We spent 4 nights/3 days in this wonderful city. After 3 changes of planes and 24 hours we landed in Brussels. Used Scandanavia Airlines and they were fine. We opted to use P.E.A.S transport from Brussels to Brugge. I can't tell you how nice it was to see Joe's smiling face when we came through that gate. It was pricey but it was so worth it. He got us in the van and off we went. We both slept the entire hour to Brugge. Delivered us safely to the Heritage Hotel.

Checked into the Heritage Hotel. Hotel was perfect and had the most wonderful, helpful staff. Can't say enough about the hotel, location, or the staff. Will stay here again.

Spent three wonderful days walking this beautiful, clean city. Everyone spoke English and were so friendly. Friendly folks like the Dutch who are second to none. Everywhere you looked was a kodak moment. Took more pictures of Brugge than we did of Paris. Took a canal ride, went up the Belfry, and ate the most incredible food. So many incredible places to eat and endless pubs with fanatastic beer. Neither one of us wanted to leave. Planning a trip again next year and want to spend a week.

If your looking for a romantic, clean, extremely safe even at night, fun place to have a European vacation Brugge is it.

Brugge, wonderful Brugge. See you next year.

NorthWest
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report: Wonderful Brugge

Going to Brugge in May, but Paris first (or last) for a week. I have wanted to see Brugge since 1984 when I first visited Europe and passed up a day trip to Brugge with some American ladies. That is all they talked about the rest of the time together, and it made a lasting impression on me.

Did you fly to Brussels from the US? I am looking for the best way to get to Brugge from Paris or vice versa. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Is it reasonable to fly in and out of Paris, or would you recommed Paris/Brussels, or???

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report: Wonderful Brugge

HI Veno.. we fly into Brussels and used a transportation service from there to Brugge. You can take the train too. We took the train from Brugge to Paris and then flew home from Paris.

The transportaion service from Brussels to Brugge was spendy but after 3 changes of planes and 24 hours, we were so glad to just get in the mini van and be dropped off at the hotel.

I loved Brugge so much more than Paris. After a couple days in Paris I wished we would have done a couple days in Paris and more time in Brugge. Its really an incredible place. Friendly folks who all speak English, great food, fantastic beer and picture perfect surroundings. We both loved it and are going to go back next fall and stay for several days. We had 3 days this last time and would have loved a couple more.

We like Antwerp too. Not as much as Brugge. Gent and Brussels are ok for a day trip.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report: Wonderful Brugge

Veno we had a milti-city plane ticket. Flew into Brussels from the states and then Paris back. Used the train to get from Brugge to Paris. The regional train from Brugge to Brussels and then the Thalys from Brussels to Paris. Very easy to do. Only difficult thing is large suitcases on trains. You need to purchase the Thalys in advance. I think those seats sell out fairly fast.

4. Re: Trip Report: Wonderful Brugge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 13:21