We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing train tickets as a gift....

Halifax, Nova Scotia
2 posts
Save Topic
Purchasing train tickets as a gift....

My brother and girlfriend are working in Brussels and I would like to purchase them train tickets to Brugge for Christmas (I am in Canada). Does anyone know if this is possible and how to go about doing it? They would be catching the train from Gare du Nord likely.

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing train tickets as a gift....

It is possible to buy tickets online. You pay them with a credit card and supply your email address through which you will get the link to print the tickets at home. You could then mail these home-printed tickets to your brother as a Xmas present. Note that online tickets are only valid for a specific day, so you will need to know what day they will be able to travel.

I really have no idea whether buying online works from outside Belgium.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing train tickets as a gift....

Thank you very much.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing train tickets as a gift....

Go to RailEurope.com and it is easy and safe to buy tickets. It is NOT true that you can only buy Brussels-Brugge tickets for a specific day....The dates are open, although they do expire in a few months.

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing train tickets as a gift....

If you do the home-print from the Belgian Railways' website, it IS TRUE that you can only buy tickets for a specific day. Hey, I do this all the time when I have to go to Brussels. I really know what I'm talking about!

Check the other post regarding the price of tickets at raileurope.com!! Go ahead if you want to be ripped off.

5. Re: Purchasing train tickets as a gift....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Bruges
Recent Conversations