We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brugges from Paris by train or bus

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
160 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Brugges from Paris by train or bus

Hi

I'm trying to go for a day to Bruges and I'm looking for the best way to get there.

My idea actually was to try to stay a couple of hours in Brussels and the heading to Bruges for the rest of the day.

Please let me know which is the best way to get there!

Thanks

Kind regards

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
465 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brugges from Paris by train or bus

best way to go from brussels to bruges is by train

brussels to bruges is about one hour train trip.

till january 4th 2009 it's €8 only if you ask for a two way SHOPPING ticket.

have a nice stay

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brugges from Paris by train or bus

Best way is by train, but this means that from Paris you have to book the expensive Thalys - although as this only takes 1h22 from Paris-Nord to Bruxelles-Midi at least it makes a day trip possible (www.thalys.com).

You can go direct to Brugge from Gare du Midi, then when you return to Brussels, continue to Gare centrale which is close to the Grand' Place. Your Thalys ticket Brussels-Paris allows you to start on a local train from Gare centrale to Gare du Midi (Thalys only serves Midi), or you can take the underground tram from Bourse which is on the other side of the Grand' Place from Gare centrale.

Unless you can find an organised coach tour that goes straight there, you can't possibly do a day trip from Paris to Brugge by bus, it takes 4 hours just to get to Brussels (www.eurolines.com) and you would have to continue by train from there anyway.

3. Re: Brugges from Paris by train or bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 23:19