We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From KHBO campus to Leonardo Hotel: walkable in January ???

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ValinhosSP
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
From KHBO campus to Leonardo Hotel: walkable in January ???

I've been in Brugge several times to attend a major biannual scientific symposium. It has been always scheduled on Oud Sint Jan Conference Center, by the end of January. Since Oud Sint Jan it is at walking distance from all major hotels and interest points in the city, I never had to use public transportation in Brugge - except for taxis from / to train station on arrival and departure. I always try to book hotels and air/train tickets with the maximum antecipation, in order to get good deals.

From 2010 the symposium will be held at the new KHBO campus at Expressweg, which is a bit far from downtown. Since I'll take my wife with me, and she is not attending the event, I'll try to select a hotel with ammenities such as indoor pool (then, she can have some good time when I'm attending lectures and so).

The best pick among the hotels recommended by organization seems to be Leonardo Hotel, which is also on Expressweg (#4 in the map on ordibo.be/htc/…hotels-around-khbo.png ; KHBO campus is #1).

But is it really possible - or recommendable - to walk from this hotel to KHBO ? They seem to be close in the map, but since I've never been on that part of the town I don't know if the Expressweg was a sidewalk or bus/tram stops allowing us to go safely from one point to other. Remember, it January on Belgium and it will be cold (specially for a Brazilian) and possibly rainy.

And, from my experience, it is better checking before realize that the selected hotel is not adequate for someone without a car... and that a $ 10 euro savings on an apparently good deal on a room fee will be transformed on a $30 euro daily expense on taxi fares.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From KHBO campus to Leonardo Hotel: walkable in January ???

I don't know the hotel but KHBO's website (http://www.khbo.be/contactinfo) says it takes 20 minutes to walk from the station - from back of the station, via Rijselstraat and Koningin Astridlaan - to the new campus and also that there is a bus from the station.

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From KHBO campus to Leonardo Hotel: walkable in January ???

the Leonardohotel is about 2km from khbo and you have to cross the expressweg (kind of motorway)

this hotel is further from the city center.

the Brugotel is about 1 km from khbo and is on the same side. you don't have to cross the mainroad and its about half an hour walking distance from city center.

www.brugotel.be

enjoy your stay in bruges.

3. Re: From KHBO campus to Leonardo Hotel: walkable in January ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 11:18