We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

My wife and I are thinking of taking a trip for a long weekend on the Eurostar to Bruges (first flying from NYC).

Are there any hotels that are above the standard tourist cut? Fluffy white duvets instead of bedspreads. Modern design touches or traditional character. It can't be like business hotel or a holiday inn. More boutique. Low key. Im really not concerned with price.

thanks.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,678 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

Hi,

Are you aware all the hotels are reviewed already (on the left)? Easy enough to check if they are business or boutique.

Belgium
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

Hey,

We live in Bruges and the nicest hotel here is 'Die swaene', it is a verry romantic hotel, but it is expensive....

www.dieswaene.be/Hotel_Dieswaene_fotos2.asp…

Greats

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

http://www.huyzehertsberge.be/index.html and her sister B & B, the Cote Canal are both delightful and very special! They are charming and located along the canal and in easy walking distance of all attractions.

And you couldn't ask for a better hostess. Carolyn is so warm and welcoming. We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

I'd agree with di Swaene. it's one of the Leading Hotels of the World brand.

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

The Hotel De Tuilerieen I found is stunning, with individual rooms, great service.

Another in the Small Luxury Hotel of the World group

www.hoteltuilerieen.com/index.php?p=/en/home

Gulfport, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

When I travel to Bruges and want something special, I stay at Die swaene. Note that it has a superb restaurant.

East Worldham...
Level Contributor
372 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

not sure where all de swaene fans have appeared from all of a sudden...i don't rate it for comfort or for service but then each to their own

there is only one top notch hotel in bruges and that is the kempinski 5*. far aobove the others in services and quality. nice spa, poll, garden bar and restaurant

de tuilerieen is generally acknowledged as the next best offering. stylish with modern touches and good service

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,992 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

The Relais is wonderful see my review

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g188671-d238…

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,017 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

I would checkout Cote Canal B&B. Lovely B&B much cheaper than hotels, right on a canal and huge rooms. Carolyn runs the place and is wonderful.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can anyone recommend a "Special" Hotel in Bruges

Try De Triptiek! More guesthouse than hotel, they only have three rooms. Lovely owners (Joel and Jacques from France) and the flemish style contemporary interior makes you feel as if you really are staying in Bruges rather than an anonymous chain hotel. We only stayed one night but think it would definitely fit your bill. 145 euros per night for the suite and you can spend the extra you have saved by not staying in a hotel on a bottle of champagne!