We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar-another train question

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
316 posts
296 reviews
Save Topic
Eurostar-another train question

i just posted one train question and I have another. If I understood the past post, is there a train from London to Brussels? If so, how long does it take? We were going to fly, but depending on price, a train may work out better. Thank you.

Teddington, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar-another train question

Eurostar run direct train services from St Pancras (in London) to Brussels. They take around 2 hours. Check out their website for times/prices:

www.eurostar.com

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
185 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar-another train question

The Eurostar takes one hour 55 minutes city center to city center.

I just paid $96 per person for second class through www.raileurope.com delivered to my door (for an extra $9).

Some people, including myself, prefer having tickets in hand for train travel rather than attempting to buy them at the station itself. I understand that we pay a bit more for this convenience but I find it worth the extra.

Enjoy your holiday.

Darks.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar-another train question

Eurostar goes city centre to city centre with a 30 minute check-in so flying from Brussels to London only makes sense if you have a connecing flight. Book in advance from the Eurostar website for the best prices - picking up a pre-paid ticket at the Eurostar teminal at Brussels Midi station is very simple and all the staff there will speak English.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar-another train question

If you are not in the centre of either city then flying is often the better option. But if you do want to go to/from the centre of either city then the Eurostar is a very civilised way of doing so.

5. Re: Eurostar-another train question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 05:18