We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice lunch in Bruge

tees123
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
Nice lunch in Bruge

I will be stopping in Bruge on a Cruise. After a short tour of marketplace, Belfry, etc. I will have 3 hours on my own to have lunch and shop.

Could anyone recommend a nice cafe or restaraunt to have lunch? I expect that I will still be in the marketplace area.

Legends Free Walking Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Photo Tour Brugge
Photography Tours, Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Brugge BeerWalk
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

The nicest thing to do in Bruges is taking a canal cruise. I would surely include that in your time and then just grab a bite anywhere on a terrace.

Personally I am going to have a lunch or dinner on the terrace right by the canal, of Pergola Kaffee of the hotel www.dieswaene.be (very fancy hotel) but I have a lot more time.

Have a great stay in any case.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

hi Tees,

Have a look through my list below which I have recommended. I also strongly agree you take a canal tour.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g188671-d120…

and other tips >

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19667-Getting_…

Have Fun ☺

EM.

tees123
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

Thank you, I will definitely do the canal cruise!

tees123
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

Ellemay, Thank you!

I hadn't really considered the cobble stones but now I will definitely be investing in some good walking shoes especially since I will be doing a walking tour earlier that day.

Now that I know that there will be restaraunts near the canal, I'll pick an eatery there.

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
495 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

What is your budget for lunch?

In the market place area it's more expensive,but you have a wonderful view on the belfry.

In case of hot weather: Under the belfry tower you can enjoy a three course lunch + drink included €30.00 in 'Strijdershuis'.

Off street shade-terrace.

Tight budget: first floor of the 'Hema' shop Steenstraat.

€ 5.50 light meal + drink.

Have a nice stay in Bruges!

London
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
886 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

Another good spot for lunch, especially at the lower end of the price range, is the cafe at the Concertgebouw. The do soup & bread for €3.50, lasagne for €9 and sandwiches & croque monsieurs for a little less. The sandwiches etc come with plenty of salad and make a really good value lunch - good quality and very filling.

And the drinks are very well priced too - the hot drinks are particularly nicely served, which sounds strange but will make sense to anyone who has visited.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

Maybe try the Half maan brewery, the tour of the brewery is interesting, the beer, excellent and the bistro lunch good quality and value, a window seat will give you a view of the canal and passing tourist boats, there's also a small cobbled courtyard which is pleasant on a sunny day.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

If the weather is good I always like to eat lunch by the canal. De Torre on Langestraat is a preferred place of mine as you can sit right next to the canal and they have a good selection of food at a range of prices.

If the weather is not nice enough to sit outside I tend to use somewhere like Cambrinus on Philipstockstraat as they have a great beer and food menu or Cranenbourg on the Mark't square. As another poster mentions though prices are higher on the Mark't but this place is pretty popular and that's not by accident.

9. Re: Nice lunch in Bruge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 05:19