We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bruges new years

uk-london
1 post
Save Topic
bruges new years

hi, im looking to go Bruges with my gf over news years eve - 30th - 2nd.., might be silly question, but are all the bars restaurants open during such time, or is it more limited?

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
465 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bruges new years

In Belgium the Christmas Holidays start on Saturday Dec 19th till Sunday Jan 3rd included.

In Bruges all shops, pubs, restaurants, etc. will be open, even on sundays.

On Christmas Eve and New Years Eve shops and some HORECA (=HOtel-REstaurant-CAfe) close around 05.00 pm.

On New Years Eve most restaurants are open on resvervation and a lot of them have only a fixed menu.

The menus are published end November.

On New Years Eve you can have fun on "'t Zand" (sing-a-long) or the "Markt".

The official program is not published yet.

You can find everything about it shortly

www.comitevoorinitiatief.be

BRUGGE FEEST

Have a nice stay in Bruges!

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bruges new years

The link is very helpful thank you for posting. Myself and 5 are heading to Brugge on New Years eve and I am looking forward to it.

Middlesex
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: bruges new years

Me and my partner have spent the last 2 New Year Eves in Bruges and are going back again this year. Pubs, restaurants all opened, but may close early that day and re-open in the eveing. Also set menus, maybe best to book when you are there. Maybe your hotel will also have something planned as ours does this year, food, drink, music etc part of our stay. Then you can have fun in either square, t'zand the best, sing along to pop songs! Such a magical eveing and they make so much more of an effort with everything than in London. You will have fun!

Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bruges new years

My gf and I are also considering going from the 30th to the 2nd. We are both in our early tweeties, like a drink good time, sight seeing and good food, woulda nyone recommend bruges. Also has anyone a recommended hotel, something central between €100 - €200 per night?

Is new years eve there lively???

Reccomendations PLEASE?

5. Re: bruges new years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2010, 06:17