We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

Dublin, Ireland
14 posts
Save Topic
how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

im looking forward for my easter trip next april to these 3 places. im thinking of spending 6days for this trip (including the journey time).the 6th day being the day i would travel back to Dublin.is this plan feasible? or i need to choose either brugge or brussels? coz im surely wanna spend 3days in amsterdam.

if i can, i wanna go to brussel first from dublin, then brugge and amsterdam last.what do u guys think?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

3 days in Amsterdam would be fab as there is so much to do and it's a great city to walk around and take in the sights. The Dutch are so cool and friendly too and will always offer advice as to where to go and what to do. Am going to Bruges in May, but went to Brussels for 2 nights and really loved it and thought it had surprisingly lots to do and the food was good too. We stayed at Le Meridien near Grande Place and met lovely people there too. Loads of people said it would be dull but that's not what we found!! It had a nice vibe to it and at the weekend a great pace (you get very cheap room rates too, Fri and Sat night).

Hope you enjoy yourselves however long you spend in each city!!

Dublin, Ireland
14 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

thanx! i'm really looking forward for my spring break trip to these three places. though it's quite pricey for us students (can't help it coz we'll be arriving on Easter weekend.), but i do hope the trip will be all worthwhile:D

Level Contributor
129 posts
732 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

It must just be me that thinks that Amsterdam is over-rated. Once you've seen the Reichsmuseum and the Van Goch museum, and done a canal trip and maybe gone to Anne Frank's House that's about it. The views are nice, but it's always the same view. Gabled building with canal in front. And you've got the horrible red light area and the human detritus it attracts. I'd have AT LEAST two nights in Bruges. No more than one in Amsterdam. My nights in Brussels would be dictated by flight times to and from Charleroi, and it might pay you to have your first and last nights there. Three nights in Bruges would enable you to do day trips to Antwerp and Ghent if you ran out of things to do in Bruges, which you probably wouldn't, especially if you've seen the film "In Bruges". It's lovely to be in Bruges at night, when the people have gone, and it's all quiet, even if you're somewhere else during the day. I'd go Brussels- Amsterdam- Bruges- Brussels. Seriously, everything's better in Belgium except, arguably, the art, and that's debateable. The cities, food, chocolates, beer, everything. Have fun.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,804 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

We spent 5 days in Amsterdam and never even got to the Van Gogh museum, Rijiksmuseum, or the Anne Frank house, and still found plenty to do :) Just depends on where your interests lie. We also found plenty to do and see in Brussels and are glad we didn't short change that city.

For a week long trip, I'd split my time between Amsterdam and either Brussels or Bruges, making a day trip to the one that I didn't stay in. Whether you choose Brussels or Bruges depends on whether you want a quiet town or a city for your evening activities.

15. Re: how many days should spend in brugge,brussels and amsterdam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 05:16