We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Holborn Tobacco

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Old Holborn Tobacco

Hi,

We are due to go to Bruges on Friday (fingers crossed the eurostar is running again by then) and would like to know if it is best to purchase tobacco at Brussels when we change trains or wait until bruges.

My thoughts are with all those poor people and families who were involved with the train crash.

Many thanks in advance.

Lisa

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Holborn Tobacco

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188671-i448-k3362…

See the above post which may help you.

I don't know if you will get it at the train station in Brussels I've only ever seen local brands and there isn't much around the station area. Will you have time to get it anyway between trains?

Piglet:-)

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Holborn Tobacco

thanks piglet - was just going to put the link for that thread on

Lisa - we are hopefully going on Friday and would use the shop mentioned on the thread piglet put the link to. Are you going to be there on the Saturday - as it might be worth while looking at the van at the market in T'zand square.

And yes, I agree with you about thoughts - and prayers - being with those involved in the accident.

If our trip has to be postponed/delayed due to this - that is nothing compared to what they are going through. Eurostar today on the phone were really helpful - it cant be easy for them either dealing with people who can be a tad irate.

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
305 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Holborn Tobacco

If you buy at station will be in Euros , buy in Bruge at the shop on T`Zand and you can pay in sterling ! saves exchanging !

C & L

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Holborn Tobacco

Thanks for all the help everyone.

She - what did Eurostar tell you? Do they expect it to be running again by Friday?

Lisa

5. Re: Old Holborn Tobacco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 05:18