We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snow and ice festival.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
snow and ice festival.

Hi i am planning to fly into charleroi airport and visit the snow/ice festival in bruges. i ve read the information abt tansport from the airport to bruges.

I would appreciate if someone can recommend a budget place for a single female.

how many days will i need to see bruges? i would lvoe to see the architectural side of bruges/visit the chocolate factory and the christmas market. I actually have 8 days off.

pls help.

thks

ysh

Bruges Day Trip from Amsterdam
972 Reviews
from US$113.30*
Ghent and Bruges Day Trip from...
2,024 Reviews
from US$54.90*
Special Offer
Bruges Day Tour from Paris
631 Reviews
from US$181.50*
US$201.60
Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
510 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snow and ice festival.

this brand new low budget hotel is at the Bruges railwaystation where the event happens !

accorhotels.com/nl/…index.shtml

prices from €49.00

here is the ice sculpture website:http://www.icesculpture.be/index.asp?taal=en

have a nice stay in bruges !

Mentioned in this post
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snow and ice festival.

ThANKS Dany i will book it as soon as possible. canu pls tell me how many days i need to be in bruges to see the city and ice show pls.

regds

ysh

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
510 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snow and ice festival.

You need at least 2 days to visit Bruges.

The Charleroi Airport - Bruges journey takes half a day travelling by public transport.

Mentioned in this post
Charleroi
Charleroi
Hainaut Province, Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snow and ice festival.

thks i is there a faster way to get to bruges from charleroi airport ? i am travelling alone do u know if there is any bb for a single female pls or would the budget hotel be the best plc to be?

thks again

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snow and ice festival.

I am traveling alone in December and am staying at Bed and Breakfast Yasmine. Although I haven't been there yet, the owner has been extremely helpful already through her emails. The rates for a single person seem very reasonable. Hope you have a great trip!

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
510 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snow and ice festival.

the fastest way charleroi - bruges is a taxi, but.....i think expensive (€150?).

depending on the time of the day the journey takes 1 1/2 hours (traffic jams not included !)

i can not recommend any b and b .

anyway a low budget hotel like etap is not the same as a b and b, is it ?

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snow and ice festival.

yes Dany a hotel is not the same as a bb but dc traveler if u can give me the website or phone of the bb n let me know what it cost i will appreciate it. the accor group hotel cost abt 55 euro a night actually for 2 wonder if the bb is alot cheaper?

thks ysh

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snow and ice festival.

Bed and Breakfast Yasmine. The rate per night is 75.

http://www.gallery-yasmine.be/

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,036 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: snow and ice festival.

1) "The Charleroi Airport - Bruges journey takes half a day travelling by public transport." Bit of an exaggeration: it takes 1 hr by coach to Brussels-Midi and then 1 hr by train to Brugge, so maximum 3 hrs with waiting, connection time etc., and much the same by local bus (A or 68) to Charleroi-Sud railway station and train from there, changing in Brussels - which is slightly cheaper at €19.40 if you buy the special combined ticket from machines at the airport. Otherwise €13 for the coach and €12.90 for the train from Brussels. But surely you wouldn' t have booked a flight to CRL without checking out how you were going to get from there to where you wanted to go?! And how long it was going to take..?

2) No there is no faster way, by public transport. And a taxi from CRL costs €120 as far as Brussels, which is only halfway to Brugge...

Mentioned in this post
Charleroi
Charleroi
Hainaut Province, Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: snow and ice festival.

Thks very much dctraveller i did contact yasmine but they were fully bk on the days i am going. N thks qaminari for your reply. Yes i did read that it takes only 2 hrs by coach/train. i did not bk the flight yet. i am still looking for a place to stay thks

ysh