We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Bruges around valentines day?

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Bruges around valentines day?

My girlfriend and I are looking at going to Bruges for 2 night's around valentines day. Could anybody recommend what we can do while we are there? We like the idea of the chocolate museum and brewery, along with the horse and carriage ride, market's, canel boat. Is there anything else we can get up to whilst we are there?

On another subject do you recommend any nice romantic restaurants we can go to on valentines night? Doe's anybody also know how far Crowne Plaza is from the Belfry?

Many Thanks.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Bruges around valentines day?

Plenty of things to do in Bruges, but the main beauty of the place is just to walk around and enjoy the buildings, canals, shops, bars etc. Sounds a bit vague but you'll see what I mean when you get there and it sounds like you've already got lots of other ideas.

There's loads of nice restaurants too. Depends on your budgets I guess but there's everything from Pizza Hut to 3 Michelin starred restaurants. A couple of my personal favourites which I use whenever I am in Bruges are Kardinaalshof (www.kardinaalshof.be) and Au Petit Grand (www.aupetitgrand.be)

It'd take you less than 2 minutes to walk from Crowne Plaza to the Belfry. Have a look on Google Maps. Crowne Plaza is on Burg and the Belfry is on Mark't

Enjoy

Rob

Edited: 05 January 2011, 12:03
Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Bruges around valentines day?

Hi,

Just want to add that the boats are still closed in February.

The horse carriage tour leaves from the Market square (on Wednesday morning from the Burg square) and takes you on a 30-minute ride through the city. The price is € 36,00 PER CARRIAGE.

Chocolate Museum: € 7,00

Brewery Museum (incl. tour and one beer): € 6,00

Romantic spots: the Bonifacius bridge behind the Church of Our Lady, the Lake of Love and Minnewaterpark.

As N8RJG also said: just wander around and enjoy the city. Best time is the evening (after 8 or 9 pm), when most tourists are gone. Bruges is a safe city, so you don't have to worry.

More quiet area: Sint-Anna quarter (north east part of the city, towards the windmills). There are museums, churches and hotels in this part of the city, but the majority of the tourists don't visit this area.

For restaurants go to http://www.focuspublishing.be/

On the bottom you see "Horeca Gids Brugge"

Click on that and the restaurant guide for Bruges will open on your screen, it's also in English.

Hope this info helps!

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Bruges around valentines day?

This is a very nice Romantic restaurant:

http://www.dijver.be/

Book it in advance, probably full on Valentines Day. Ask if they have a Valentines menu :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,201 posts
1,441 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Bruges around valentines day?

These lists may also be helpful to you.

http://www.restaurantsinbruges.com/

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19667-Trip_Rep…

5. Re: Things to do in Bruges around valentines day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2011, 07:18